NGD- Jackson Fusion Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- Jackson Fusion Pro

OK- Jackson Fusion Pro- original story @ this thread http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96218

Showed up today. Those 2 frets that were speculated to be cut off? Nope. Just fine. Someone painted the binding and the last 2 frets black and put that white line there I suppose to simulate...binding? I guess they didn't like the way the neck looked going into the body.

Guitar is in almost perfect shape except for a big chip on the top of the body towards the back- You'd never notice it playing. Guitar is a bit of a freak- I haven't measured it, but....it's a Fusion, and a Fusion body, because believe it or not, with the non-original JT-580lp it's perfectly intonated. Go figure.

Sounds great. Not sure what the 2nd 3 way switch is for- doesn't seem to split coils. I haven't gotten in there to see if it's hooked up or not.

Cavity has a name, painted by "Oz", I guess the style was "Cat", and a 4-digit number.

Also has, as noted by another member, a Ltd 88 USA San Dimas plate on it. Weird.

Sounds great. I'm guessing that the bridge is a JB and the neck is a JB jr. I'll pull them when I give her a cleanup.

Love or hate the paint, the pictures don't do justice to the depth. It's a really vibrant emerald green they used there. I'm digging it. First graphic guitar I've bought

For the price I paid, pretty happy.

Also, for some reason, there was a D-Tuna, in it's original packaging but missing the spring, thrown in there. Nice gesture, not sure why he did that. EDIT: Found the spring- just wasn't in the packaging where it was supposed to be. Pretty cool!

On to the pictures: Bad shots, but I'm too tired to get perfect ones. The locking nut has gold inserts, and I'm thinking that maybe all gold would look neat with the green. Thoughts? Might look cool on the tuners and locking nut, but perhaps a bit much to do a gold trem....?

Last edited by Vass; 08-05-2009, 08:03 PM.

3 pickups + 3 way switch = does not compute

That guitar is weird. I wonder what people are thinking sometimes, but, it's an interesting guitar.

Comment

Its a cool looking guitar congrats
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
        3 pickups + 3 way switch = does not compute

That guitar is weird. I wonder what people are thinking sometimes, but, it's an interesting guitar.
        Probably only the Duncans are active (single coil sized hum at neck and bridge hum) so the 3 way is fine. If you do decide to wire that Jackson in, you'll have to use the green wires of the Duncans instead of the black as the hot outputs. Otherwise the phasing will be out.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

That's a wicked graphic

Comment

Price is right.

Someone should have spent more time playing and less time modifying....

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              Probably only the Duncans are active (single coil sized hum at neck and bridge hum) so the 3 way is fine.

So.... Do you think it shipped that way originally? :think:

What I'm saying is, 3 pickups with a 3-way switch doesn't make any sense and isn't the original configuration, not that there isn't some way to wire it up and make some noise.

Maybe it had a 5-way which is filled, or had 3 on/off toggles and was filled, or it's been routed for an extra pickup, which is then not connected. Or possibly some other option I am not thinking of.

It's weird.

Comment

Looks great to me, whatever the wiring is. A JBJr neck is it? Or Lil 59?
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                  Looks great to me, whatever the wiring is. A JBJr neck is it? Or Lil 59?

Not sure. Sounded like a JB to me, but I'm going to pull it and see when I clean her up & get some new strings on.

Bridge I'm 99% sure is a JB....sounds like one to my untrained ear.

Comment

Vass, congrats on that score. I remember what you got for it and it looks a lot better in your photos than the ones on the bay.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                      Vass, congrats on that score. I remember what you got for it and it looks a lot better in your photos than the ones on the bay.

Thanks. The more time I spend with it, the more I realize that I kinda stole it at that price. The only complaint you could have is that it doesn't have the JT-590 and instead has the JT-580LP...which I am actually kind of digging at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        Thanks. The more time I spend with it, the more I realize that I kinda stole it at that price. The only complaint you could have is that it doesn't have the JT-590 and instead has the JT-580LP...which I am actually kind of digging at the moment.
                        Great rub it in. I hate to say it, but I kinda wish it sucked. Again, congrats on the highway robbery. Little did the seller know that coloring the last frets would take a couple a hundred out of their pockets.

Comment

The graphic looks kinda cool, assuming the guy knew what he was doing and it doesn't all fly off in a year or two.

Comment

The graphic looks sweet! congrates on the score!

Comment

looks cool congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X