Help, ID this Dinky model and year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, ID this Dinky model and year

I just bought this used Jackson described only as a black Dinky. It has a reversed head, Jackson licensed Floyd Rose, bolt on neck with serial #04101329, and only says "Crafted in India" on the back of its headstock. Jackson tuners and apparantly Jackson humbuckles as denoted on their covers.

Any additional information about which Dinky model, its year of manufacture, original pricing, type and quality of its humbuckler pickups, quality of its floating tremolo, or any other information of interest would be greatly appreciated.

Jackson JS30DK

This is a really easy one, as you will find it in Jackson's current line; JS30DK

Yours was probably made in 2004.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 08-08-2009, 08:00 PM.

Comment

As a JS30DK it should have Jackson CVR2 Humbucking Pickups. Any opinions on the quality of these pickups?

How does this floating tremolo compare to other Jacksons? How does this trem compare to other manufacturers licensed Floyd Roses'?
      Jackson JS30DK

Comment

I've never played those pickups myself, but some seem to like them and others don't. You can always read though Harmony Central reviews of the JS30 to get some opinions. The general consensus seem to be that the pickups are "okay", but not more.

The trem is the same as on the X-series Jacksons. Most guitars in the MG series has it as well. It's a decent bridge I suppose. Not my favourite, but I don't like low profile trems.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I have been using sites like Harmony central and ult guitars for reviews but I've found the more that I have researched lower end guitars there, the more I've found that the vast majority of the submissions are from new players who haven't played too many other guitars than the one they now own. I've found too many of these reviews are biased and largely uninformed. Its too easy to like the one guitar you purchased and give it a 10 when you don't have much to compare it against.
          Jackson JS30DK

Comment

You could do a search on CVR here in JCF search, that will bring up several discussions of MII Jacksons.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
            X