metal humbucker rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal humbucker rings

my RR5 is at the shop having a duncan '59 installed at the neck, getting a new pickup selector switch, new chrome knobs and humbucker rings. this will be the last of the faded gold or black hardware to exit the guitar.

so here's my question: will the metal humbucker rings allow for better tone from the humbuckers since they should make the humbucker and body "communicate" better?

idunno if its a dumb question or not.
    good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

No, if it makes any difference at all, only Eric Johnson would be able to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Killertofu View Post
      so here's my question: will the metal humbucker rings allow for better tone from the humbuckers since they should make the humbucker and body "communicate" better?
      The pickups don't "pick up" anything from the guitar body. They are magnetic, and "communicate" with the strings only. How the guitar is built will influence the way the strings vibrate, and since the metal rings add to its mass... Well...on a purely theoretical basis you can certainly say; yes, there will be a difference. However, I can pretty much guarantee that it will not be audible at all.

So, you've changed the hardware to chrome? Cool! We're looking forward to seeing pics of the guitar when she gets back from the shop!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
        The pickups don't "pick up" anything from the guitar body.
        Actually, they do!

Bang on them with something plastic, yell into them, turn your amp up really loud and stand in front of it. The pickups do transfer vibration as sound. Most of the time, you don't WANT them to do that, but they will.

Comment

On some insignificant mathematical level there may be something there, but Jackson players don't typically go to that level of cork sniffery.

Comment

Hahaha. Whenever someone brings up cork sniffing I always think of this skit....

http://www.noob.us/humor/saturday-ni...e-cork-soaker/
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              So, you've changed the hardware to chrome? Cool! We're looking forward to seeing pics of the guitar when she gets back from the shop!
              yes! no more faded gold, crappy switch, and i get a nice n sweet 59 for some sweet n smooth clean tone. i'm excited to see how it sounds mixed with the jb at the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                No, if it makes any difference at all, only Eric Johnson would be able to tell.

hahahahaha LOL

Comment

tharr ya go. that duncan 59 is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! the tone is just sick now. i can wail on the bridge pickup or use both at full throttle for some very healthy tone and the 59 at the neck is just beautiful on clean. SO MUCH TONE!

so here's my RR5 minus all the gold:

Comment

Well most guitars have plastic bezels (that what the little "metal things" are called) so theoretically changing them to metal should have some effect, right?
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                      Well most guitars have plastic bezels (that what the little "metal things" are called) so theoretically changing them to metal should have some effect, right?
                      idunno but what i do know is this thing freaking raaaaaaaaawwwwwks now.

Comment

Working...
                      X