Jackson Pro Professional or Professional Is There A Big Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Pro Professional or Professional Is There A Big Difference

The guy on the Audiozone site said there is a big differnece between the pro with the red underscore and the professional,do people agree with this how big is the difference Cheers

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.htm

All good quality instruments, but the materials on the "Pro" models were very similar to the USA models of the time. That's all he means- Ebony board, real MOP, JT-590 bridge, etc.

I own 3 Pros and they're top notch. Do not own any others from the line, but they are well respected. Do you have something specific that you're looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by speedmetaluk View Post
      The guy on the Audiozone site said there is a big differnece between the pro with the red underscore and the professional,do people agree with this how big is the difference Cheers

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.htm
      bah, what would Henrik know?

The PRO was the very top of the line in the Professional series. As Vass said, they had appointments to rival the US Jacksons. The rest of the Professional series are also very good, but had things like dot inlays, rosewood fretboards, Takeuchi Floyds, etc.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Rosewood to ebony, qtrsawn necks, MOP logo I think are the differences. My 93 XL had MOP sharkfin inlays and a schaller trem.
        rosewood vs ebony is just a fingerboard option not necessarily an upgrade, qtrsawn increased sustain a little but unless you have a oiled neck not that big of a deal to me.

Comment

Hello Vass i mentioned in another post that i am going to buy a Jackson Professional SP for £200 approx $332

Body: Basswood
          Neck: Eastern rock maple
          Fingerboard: Rosewood
          Scale: 24.75 inch, 24 fret
          Bridge: JT-580 double locking
          Controls: Volume, 3-way switch
          Pickups: J-85 (B), J-200R (N)
          Finishes: SW, CB, B, FR

There are a few marks but has a beautiful neck my mate also had a esp-kh2 and i thought it wasnt to disimilar,i am sure one of the jackson japanese pro rhoads went on ebay for over £500 it had a bin for around £750

Comment

If this Fusion is in good shape, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. That price might be a little high as far as what most people would be willing to give, but if you really like the guitar, it's not outrageous.

I absolutely LOVE my Fusion HH. Coming from a guy who bought a new guitar at least once a year from the time I was 14 or so, my Fusion HH actually stuck with me as my main guitar for about 12 years!

Comment

having looked on ebay a lot the prices seem to be higher in the UK than in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmetaluk View Post
                having looked on ebay a lot the prices seem to be higher in the UK than in the USA.
                Nature of the beast. Supply & demand.

Comment

Professional was the import series. Pro was the top model in the import series.
                  Scott

Comment

PRO (I like to capitalize all letters)
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X