Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Professional Pro

I've always wanted one of these and saw this for sale today:

Sadly it has sold and I missed it. Check out the listing on Chris's guitars. Hopefully one of the JCF brothers got this beauty.

1990/91 Jackson Professional Phil Collen "PC Archtop", (front/back), (headstock), (Tremolo), (bound neck), (original case). Very rare guitar and one I wasn't even aware of until I got it. Before the PC-1 (or PC-2/PC-3) slab body model, Grover Jackson teamed up with Phil and in 1989 developed the PC Archtop. I believe initially it was only offered in the Professional series as it's the only Collen signature model from the '90-'91 Catalog (click pick to enlarge). Years later it was available as a US custom shop model with different pickup configurations and bridges I don't have all the specs on this guitar but it's a neck-thru with Ebony fretboard with mother of pearl sharktooth inlays, J-90C humbucker in the bridge and J-100 single coil in the neck, German-made Schaller/Jackson tremolo, mother of pearl inlaid logo, pearl white finish, Schaller strap locks and locking strap pins, controls are simply volume and 3-way selector. This is a very unique design, with an asymmetrical arch top and arched back (shown here) which makes it one of the most ergonomically friendly guitars of its era. This model is now only available via the custom shop and officially called the "Original Phil Collen", but for comparison purposes, here's a pic of a custom shop, along side this guitar along with Phil's original model from the "Hysteria" tour, and a link to Phil's site and description of this original design Collen signature model. Overall this baby is very clean and has seen very little use, although there are some very minor dings in the finish and four very small wood flakes on the back edge (shown here). Upon request, we'll be happy to touch up, lacquer over, and buff out if desired. This guitar plays exceptionally well and is extremely comfortable when strapped on. This is a nice example of a very early Collen signature model, with a degree of historical significance and would make an excellent choice for the collection or the stage. Includes original Jackson wood/tolex case. $1099(HOLD-Peter H).
Working...
X