NEWBIE with PC3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWBIE with PC3

Interesting model to say the least. I would have passed on her as I HATE 24 fret guitars.
    However, I was amazed at how loud this guitar was unplugged. I guess mahogony makes a huge difference because acoustically this thing is BRIGHT.
    I was also surprised at the Duncan Design pickups. Not bad!

My overall impression is that it is a well built axe that sounds great. I hate the headstock shape and the Floyd is a joke. but not bad for a $300 axe..

Those came with the nicer JT-580LP trems made by Takeuchi.
    Judging by the pic on the right, it doesn't look like it's been setup properly.
    Looks like the spring tension is too high.

I loved mine... still kicking myself for selling it.
    -Rick

Comment

I'm a big fan of the PC-3 as well, I have one of the earlier ones with the wilky trem.
      really versatile guitar,great neck , i would love one with the floyd though.

That blue is gorgeous!

Comment

Thats actually a very good quality Trem... at least as good as the new Floyd Rose FRT trems and MUCH better than the modern day JT580LP.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I have the exact guitar in blue and I love it. The trem seems as good as a Floyd for the most part.

Comment

It's a Decent guitar for sure. I'm debating on stripping it down to AU Natural.
            I may swap to chrome hardware as well.
            She needs a good set-up but plays remarkably well.

Comment

Originally posted by scarylynch View Post
              It's a Decent guitar for sure. I'm debating on stripping it down to AU Natural.
              I may swap to chrome hardware as well.
              She needs a good set-up but plays remarkably well.
              I wouldn't try and strip it if I were you.
              It's not built like a PC1 where you have 1/8" thick slab for a top.
              The top on a PC3 is a paper thin veneer. You'll burn right through it in a few second.
              -Rick

Comment

What's wrong with 24 fret guitars?:think:
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                  What's wrong with 24 fret guitars?:think:
                  I'm sure he could find a shrink to fix this mental problem...

Comment

Great guitar for the money, I'd leave it as is, very cool
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Hey, I just picked up the twin of your guitar a couple weeks ago. The stock pickups are "okay". I found that the low end on them was not very tight. I put a Duncan PATB1 and a couple of DiMarzio single coils yesterday. Just played my guitar at church this AM and it killed with my rig. We do a lot of harder contemporary stuff and the PATB1 provided some serious low end thunk. When I get the money together, I'm going to have Sustaniac installed.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        I wouldn't try and strip it if I were you.
                        It's not built like a PC1 where you have 1/8" thick slab for a top.
                        The top on a PC3 is a paper thin veneer. You'll burn right through it in a few second.
                        Yeah, you are probably right. I'm not very savvy with this type of work any way. I like the guitar but don't love it. I'm gonna part it out I think.

Comment

Is that a burn mark on the board?
                          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                            Is that a burn mark on the board?
                            No.. that's a shadow.. No burns here! I'm no EVH and i don't smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by scarylynch View Post
                              No.. that's a shadow.. No burns here! I'm no EVH and i don't smoke!
                              Thats weird, because it shows up on the close up view as well.
                              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X