In a Quandry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a Quandry

I have a question about a jackson that they have over at GC. I know what it is, except for a couple things.

It's an SL2 natural. I don't know tha serial to be exact as to when it was produced. I only know that this model is discontinued (so the websites say....who knows)

Here's what it has:
    Soloist body
    HSS pickups - Duncans
    Black hdw w/real FR (or import floyd - can't tell without looking under the hood for the Germany stamp)
    Maple veneer top,natural (flame)
    Guitar is heavy, Looks like maple - not alder as the websites I checked say it should have.
    Neck thru
    Matching headstock (nat. maple)
    No USA after logo (no country of origin anywhere on the guitar)
    Rosewood board
    Serial stamped into the board after the last fret.

Here's what doesn't makes sense:
    It should have chrome hdw (right?)
    Body should be alder

Was there a version of the SL3 that was all maple and had black hardware on the natural finished ones?
    And some places that I found with SL3s show a JT580 floyd

So I'm a little confused what it is. My gut says it's all legit. I would just like to know for sure

They're asking $1000 with/case. It's mint, but I found that these are $1150 new, so GC is over the top IMO. I'm thinkin it's worth $650 - $700 if it's all legit.

Thanks, bob

Looks like the natural is discontinued but they have been coming with black hardware for a few years and the korean floyd roses. Alder can be heavy too. Price does seem high for a used one though.

Comment

It's not an SL2 if it has a rosewood board...
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

You're right. My bad. It's an SL3 - sorry

I wish it was an SL2. It would be worth the grand in that case.

Rick#6 WHat do you think would be a fair offer?

Comment

The last sl3 sold on ebay for 650. That's around what you should pay. Maybe a little more if you really want it.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-SL3_W0QQ...d=p3286.c0.m14
            under $700 still for sale on ebay(not mine)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-SL3_W0QQ...d=p3286.c0.m14
              under $700 still for sale on ebay(not mine)
              Yea, I did see that one. I had my heart set on a natural one. But that one is a nice one. I may ask on the KF if he's on there. His ebay name sounds like he would be.

There was a red one on ebay last night (maybe still there, I dunno) but the location was in "Las Vagas" 0_o Oh no! I tend to stay away from there - lol
              Last edited by shredhed; 08-18-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Yea, I did see that one. I had my heart set on a natural one
                I hear ya, but when looking for used your either going to pay a premium for exactly what you want or you are going to wait a long time.

Comment

Working...
                X