Jackson DK2T <-- can't decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2T <-- can't decide

im really struggling with pulling the trigger on this guy and buying one for $499 in the October Pearl finish (orange). no one has these local to me so i can't really try it out. im just looking for a super versatile guitar (passive pickups) thats good quality.. i have a ESP with EMG's but don't really dig them anymore, and want something that can pull of perfect cleans and good crunch for the metal.. i posted a few days back but my posting got moved for some reason... anyways any thoughts would be great. i was also looking for the transparent blue finish but no one seems to have them.. i may pointout that im looking for a fixed bridge specifically and that this will potentially be my only guitar.... so i need something good and versatile.

this guitars amazing it depends on the pickups and personal taste i have a dk2t with a custom neck but i played the dk2t with the stock neck and its pretty thin and played really nice but yea that guitars deff versitile i have had mine in any tuning from drop b to standard and it sounded good but like i said tone is personal preferance

Comment

Sean do you know if its the same neck as the dk2m, but with just a different fretboard?? i owned a DK2m for a bit and loved the size of the neck.. flat fretboard and wide frets..

Comment

While they should be about the same size, all necks are different. I have a 2003 DK2 and the neck is pretty fat, like my '98 SG Std. Best to try before you buy if you can.

As far as versatile, you can make any guitar versatile if you're not afraid to solder. I wired my 750XL up with a super 5 way switch and a push/pull pot to reverse phase. I get 6 different tones, including single coils.

Most humbuckers can be tapped into single coil mode.
        Last edited by DonP; 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WavesOfAbyss View Post
          Sean do you know if its the same neck as the dk2m, but with just a different fretboard?? i owned a DK2m for a bit and loved the size of the neck.. flat fretboard and wide frets..
          should be they felt pretty close ive only played one dk2m though so i cant really tell your best bet would be go to guitar center and play a dk2 for a little bit and see if you like it

Comment

thats what im thinking, are both the jb and jazz splitable?.. my sodering skills i would say are very good as i have been doing it on all my guitars for a long time.

Comment

if you want a really thin neck id go for a rr5 there amazing and its neck through but its like 300 or 400 more used

Comment

^^i have had so many guitars come and go in my time.. and i planned on not buying one for a long time.. was perfectly content with my ESP viper.. this lasted for about a year,,, then i saw this thing in october pearl a few weeks back and i just can't stop thinking about it... so other jacksons aren't really an option as im being picky about this purchase (if i make one)

Comment

^^i have had so many guitars come and go in my time.. and i planned on not buying one for a long time.. was perfectly content with my ESP viper.. this lasted for about a year,,, then i saw this thing in october pearl a few weeks back and i just can't stop thinking about it... so other jacksons aren't really an option as im being picky about this purchase (if i make one)
                  honestly i think you would be really happy with that dk2 oh btw the pictures dont do the color justice looks amazing in real life saw one at guitar center last week

Comment

there's a blue one for you. these guitars are great. Mine has one of my favorite neck profiles.

Comment

thats what im thinking, are both the jb and jazz splitable?.. my sodering skills i would say are very good as i have been doing it on all my guitars for a long time.
                      If you order them that way.

Typically JB's come with 4 conductor wiring, but a Jazz is usually 2 conductor, so it would be an order for the SD custom shop.

Comment

I do recall one member here installigna 5way into dk2m the bridge was jb and 4wire, not sure about the neck pickup I would have thought most jazz's used by companies would be 4wire not 2...

theres an ebay seller with at elast one jazz 4con maybe someone who owns one of the jacksons witha jazz could tell you if its four or two conductor....

Good luck I'm defiantely digging my sls-3...

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          a Jazz is usually 2 conductor, so it would be an order for the SD custom shop.
                          That's not the case with my DK2M, nor is that what the Duncan website says:
                          Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

Originally posted by marnold View Post
                            That's not the case with my DK2M, nor is that what the Duncan website says:
                            http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...h2_jazz_model/
                            Thanks for that I would ahve thought that a modern style pickup would be 4con wiht the 2 conductor being special order...

Ok so you can just buy a 5-way which Is what im going to do with my sls-3 when I change the pickups...

Comment

If you buy the jazz I think it comes with 4. I just sold a jazz out of a promod and one from a dk2t. I wish I would have looked. Some OEMs may be ordered with only 2 conductors to cut costs. I am pretty sure the promod had 4, the dk2t may have had only 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X