Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member - special edition rhoads? pic

Hi! First time on this forum.

At the start of 2007 I bought a new RR3 but instead of the usual solid, flame or swirl finishes, it was white with black pinstripes very similar to the finish found on the RR5. It is definitely an RR3 as it has the JB/Jazz pick ups, black hardware, floyd, bolt on neck, pick guard... everything.

I'd spent years oggling the RR5 and knew I'd never really justify spending £800 on it as I wanted my top range guitar to be a Gibson (which I have now ). When I saw the RR3 in the same finish I jumped to buy it. Even better, I think this finish was a limited run of only 200. I should expect so for an extra £100 over the standard finishes.

Basically all I want to know is if this is true. Is it really one of only 200 or just a short lived finish series?

Also just out of interest, how much would this be worth if I were to sell it? It has the usual couple of dings on the ends but is in great condition otherwise.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

One last point, I had a look around the forum and I keep seeing MIJ pop up. What does this mean? Thanks

these sell for 1000 new so go from there and mij is made in japan.
    Marshall 100 watt full stack mg100
    Peavy 6505+ Half stack
    Raven rg20 combo amp
    Jackson Dxmg
    Jackson RR24
    BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

Comment

I believe musicians friend or some other company ordered a limited RR3 run with the pins, suprised to find one got ordered into the uk...

Not completely impossible though, and it isnt a fake or anything for you to worry about, maybe someone who has one or knows more of the origin...

Comment

Ivory with black pinstripes rules.

Comment

They are sold by zzounds. I think they actually aren't on there anymore, but they were. They have a blue and white-ish dk2ms now, and I think they still have the polka dot rr3. I don't remember seeing that they were like a 200 special run. But that is definetely real.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! It's definitely real as I got it brand new from one of the biggest shops in the UK with all the jackson tag on and all.

Maybe the 200 thing was ones that were imported to the UK. I don't know but a couple of places I saw it advertised (magazines, online etc) all said it was a limited run. I have a picture of the heel plate if that helps.

Sorry it's not that clear but it says the serial number is 8790285. It might be a bit out as I'm having to read it off the picture (don't have the guitar with me atm).

Comment

Hehe, that first digit is a 9, it's likely 973 or 978.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

welcome and i love that randy style guitar
                Dk2 pro in black
                Marshall jcm900 4502dr
                Marshall vs200 avt100
                and diamonds and rust.....

Comment

Working...
                X