Help with my floyd rose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my floyd rose!

I have just recently purchased a brand new rr3 rhoads.It plays beautifully but there is one problem: it keeps going out of tune! the floyd rose bridge is all set up properly, the intonation is correct, every time i tune it it always ends up flat after you start playing it! is there any advice anyone could give as to what is going wrong and what i can do to correct it? thanx
    Jackson RR3 pro series w/Floyd rose
    Esp/ltd ax-50

line 6 spider III
    Digitech rp-90 multi effects pedal

Are these new strings? If so, you need to stretch them before you lock them down. Here's a good video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvDdYYs0Zc

Comment

I know you said it's set up properly, but theres a possibilty it might not be if this is your first floyd. my RR3 was my first floyd, and I fucked that thing up!
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

i had the exact same problem with the trem on my dk2, what i did was pull it off and take a q tipp and put chap stick on it and rubbed it on the knife edjes and any other pressure point and now it stays in tune perfectly

Comment

yea the strings are all stretched properly and i have followed numerous floyd rose videos and also looked on the floyd rose website so im pretty sure its all correct :think:
          Jackson RR3 pro series w/Floyd rose
          Esp/ltd ax-50

line 6 spider III
          Digitech rp-90 multi effects pedal

Comment

i have had problems with my trem on the dxmg its the jackson trem and its no comparison to my original floyd rose as far as tuning goes. lots of problems with the dxmg trem. i love mine on the rr24 original floyd rose. i abuse the bar and boing on it for the funny effect and it goes back to perfect tune. mind all that i tune to 440 standard. i dont know how accurate a floyd would be with dropped tuning of any kind. i use diadarios 9's and slinkys 9's for standard tunings.
            Marshall 100 watt full stack mg100
            Peavy 6505+ Half stack
            Raven rg20 combo amp
            Jackson Dxmg
            Jackson RR24
            BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

Comment

If there's no string slippage at the nut, then I'd start worry about loose bridge bushings.

Comment

You say it's brand new - I'd take it back to the shop and tell them to fix it.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yeah, don't mess with it yourself if it's still under warranty. A brand new RR-3 should not have problems staying in tune.

Comment

I had the same problem with my KVX10, wich I think it's the same jackson floyd. Checked everything (strings, springs, locking nut, etc) and everything seems to work fine.
                    I took out the floyd and noticed that one pole piece has a little movement inside the drill hole. I took out the pole pieces (studs and bushings) filled the hole with some sawdust (well, not dust, but wood chops) and put the anchor bushes back, then I used teflon tape in the studs screws.
                    I checked and they were not moving at all...
                    Put the floyd back in and the problem was solved.
                    The JT580 is a very good floyd. I rarely have problems with the intonation and I use the floyd a lot, but I try not to abuse it.
                    Hope this will help to solve your problem...

Comment

Me thinks if you had the same problem with two different guitars, then there are too possibilties. But it's most likely not the trem, especially if it's new, so what else do they both have in common. YOU!:idea:

Ha ha just yanking your chain there Dr. Shred.
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

If everything is locked properly and it's still going flat, then, the strings are still stretching.

Either that or your neck is shrinking.

Comment

http://www.shredaholic.com/floydrosesetup.html

Somethings were borrowed from eastons setup guide not sure if thats still around but I have thrown in stuff that I found useful and good..

If your wanting to restring and dont need to use conditioner or mess with the neck at all do it one by one it makes thigns a bit faster...

And also remember its better to tune up from flat, especially with floyds...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                            Are these new strings? If so, you need to stretch them before you lock them down. Here's a good video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvDdYYs0Zc
                            +1
                            Dk2 pro in black
                            Marshall jcm900 4502dr
                            Marshall vs200 avt100
                            and diamonds and rust.....

Comment

Could be new trem springs that are still stretching.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X