DK2M or Vox VT30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M or Vox VT30

Which do you think I should get? My only amp is a crappy Epi solid state 15 watt that has crapped out before and probably will again. But, the only two VT30s in my local GC both also crapped out. I was planning on ordering a VT30, but now my dad has proposed an interesting proposition, and instead I put the money into another guitar, and buy a higher end amp later. The first thing that popped into my head was the DK2M in my local GC. But, it won't sound much better than my Epi SG does through my amp. So which should it be, DK2M or VT30? Good guitar or amp?

I wonder if I could get both, but I'd need a good reason to pull that one off. If it's this hard to get gear with my parents, I don't see myself getting married But seriously guys I need some advice, you guys aren't the only advice I'm looking at but still I need some love from the Jackson family
    DK2M
    37.50%
    VT30
    12.50%
    Both
    50.00%

Check to see if your local GC has any of the IR DK2M's left...they were going for 299.00 for a while.
    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

That's what came right into my mind lol. There's one red DK2M in my GC, they also had a black one a while ago. They also one of the Indonesian Kellys with a Duncan in the bridge used at my local GC for like $230.

Comment

Let me add to your thinking.. You see I bought a Jackson Kelly Pro and it sounded really crappy and uber shitty through the Peavey blazer 158 (the most cotton muffled amp ever) and it also had noise that sounded like someone was doing MORSE CODE! Anyways putting in a new pickup made absolutely no difference at all even though it was TB-5 Duncan..You see this shitty amp made any guitar no matter what the cost and mod to sound like SHIT.

I got a Marshall MG15 CDR shortly after, and while It wasnt a big upgrade it was better and now I also have the Vox Tonelab ST and now it really shines. While I could distinguish guitar differences on this Marshall, it was impossible almost on the old Peavey. And peavey makes good amps but not that one.

But what guitar do you have now? Thats the pat we need to know
        Equipment
        -Jackson Kelly Std. Professional J003908 (blood red) w/TB-5
        -Marshall MG15 CDR hosted by
        -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

I got myself an Epi SG, it's a good player, or so every experienced guitarist I know has told me but I will definitely be upgrading all the electronics down the road.

Comment

It depends if the guitar motivates you or not. If you don't like your guitar you may be less interested in playing. I went the route your dad proposed, I have a DK2 and a Soloist but a crappy amp. I am much happier this way because it is often hard for me to play loud when my parents are home so I just use headphones. Sounds okay and doesn't cost much plus I get to play a Soloist.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

My parents aren't too fussy about my guitar playing being loud other than at night when I play at 2 AM, which does happen alot, and probably will again tonight lol.

I'm fine with my guitar, but it's a hard tail and 22 frets. I'm interested in 24 frets and a Floyd, the DK2M has that and a different neck profile (I'm not picky about that though as long as it's comfy for me) and a new fretboard wood. It would be an nice change of pace, but the amp would be a bigger change.

Although I could just get the new guitar, and then save up for a Orange Tiny Terror and a cabinet. I'd end up with the TT down the road anyway...

Comment

Working...
              X