bass preamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bass preamp?

didn't know if i should post in the bass or amp section, i will post to both. my current power amp is a ADA B500. Been looking for a MB1 preamp but unasle to afford the few i've seen. how do you guys think theguitar preamp would work? they are fairly cheap
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

I don't know, man. I think Les Claypool used the guitar version for a while, along with Mesa 400+ amps.
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

THANKS TINO. i was thinking the low end might not be as good but probably has more effects. i will most likly end up buying one and trying it out.
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

You can always give it a try and if it doesn't work well for you, pass it on for a little more than you bought it.

Something to be on the lookout for on eBay--a "Tube Works Real Tube" tube preamp. Look for the rt-922 or rt-902. I have the rackmountable 2 space Tube Works/MosValve head and alongside a 4x10 cab, it's what I use for practice and I really like the sound of it. You should be able to find one of those preamps for $200, sometimes more, oftentimes less online.
        Last edited by Chowderboots; 09-05-2009, 02:56 PM.
        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
        X