Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check the sweet neck on this fretless

damn that's nice but 3500?
    is that a boogie bodies body? what a piece of history!
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

It's a serialized Charvel all the way, so not BB, but it's amazing. Plenty of strathead Charvel guitars have gone for that much, but I don't think I've seen any basses go that high.

Comment

oh ya, I have that on my watchlist also Rob...theres quite a few "c/s" models on ebay this week.
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        it's a serialized charvel all the way, so not bb, but it's amazing. Plenty of strathead charvel guitars have gone for that much, but i don't think i've seen any basses go that high.
        it's a shame that basses are "worth less" than guitars but are way more rare! The control rout is different than i've ever seen.
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Holy crap that birdseye neck is BEAUTIFUL! I love the binding...man that and the inlay on the back. That is a looker.
          From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

a looker is right. I would love to have such a beautiful piece of wood on "any" of my basses, even the ones that actually are worth something....
            but no chance in hell will I ever have 3.5 grand to buy a new playtoy anytime soon
            I wonder if the body is poplar like most of the rest of the stuff out of the Charvel works in the 80's...??

and BTW, did you look at his video, and see the other videos of some of the very rare and beautiful stuff he has that he is selling???

Comment

Wow. That is awesome.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

So what do you guys think that cost back in 82' new? Obviously very custom.
                "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

A lot.
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

ya, a few grand of 82 money in any case would mean he's selling it for a loss/gain-vs-value-vs-anyone now a days that actually wants one for their collections and will pay a few grand without hesitation for what it is.

Comment

Here's the '82 pricelist:

Doesn't say what the birdseye upcharge was, or if it was more for fretless, so I'm guessing the total would've been somewhere around $1400, which would be a little over $3k in 2009 money. I also don't know if you paid full price to a dealer back then, or more like 65% like nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                      X