Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holy grail bass?

cool but come on
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Worth the price no?
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

The ad is very misleading since it's an import and he keeps calling it "custom" and saying it's made in the US. It's not a "custom build", no matter how many times he says it. It looks like a pretty damn nice refin, though, and there's no way you could buy a 3B and get that work done for that price, if that's what you're into. He should just be honest about it, and some VH nut will probably hit the BIN.

Comment

I like the yellow/black stripes, but not 500.00 worth of yellow/black
        just as a FYI, that is a 1986 3b. the (tm) on the head instead of (R) ----- also 1987 had the switch on the outside of the knobs.

and ya too many people tend to think that all the "models" were assembled in USA using Jap parts...we all know that is not true, but so many others think that way.
        Just like Kramers, it says Neptune NJ on the plate, so people think they are from the USA.
        although when you think about it..500.00 is not that far off the mark, considering it comes with a case and EMG's worth a couple hundred just for that alone.
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

The paint doesn't look smooth, there appears to be some orange peel on the pic of the back of the headstock.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            although when you think about it..500.00 is not that far off the mark, considering it comes with a case and EMG's worth a couple hundred just for that alone.
            Bass is customized but sure not custom made but ..

I agree with Mike 500 bucks are ok if you consider what's 'made' with the bass. If you don't like the style .. simply pass (what most people sure have done so far).

I like it alot but no cash available ...

André

Comment

if I throw yellow tape stripes all over my 3b, you want it for 300 ( comes with a "square" Charvel case and no EMG's )?....lolol

I'll hold onto it for a while till you decide

Comment

if I throw yellow tape stripes all over my 3b, you want it for 300 ( comes with a "square" Charvel case and no EMG's )?....lolol

I'll hold onto it for a while till you decide
                So you got your own custom bass ....

What more to ask ;-)

Comment

custom can mean a lot, or nothing...depends on what you consider custom....

Comment

custom can mean a lot, or nothing...depends on what you consider custom....
                    +1...."custom shop" in an auction usually means "good things", but "custom" by itself usually means "drama"

Comment

"I had a professional guitar tech strip it, paint it and install the EMG Pickups and EMG BTS system pre-amp and EQ. Dunlap strap locks are included!!! (TOTAL VALUE OF APPROXIMATELY $850)"

ok ya, so what you got ripped off for a paint job with orangepeel all over, but now you have to sell it for what it is worth...400-500...oh well

but I still like it WAY better than the red and white stripes and it looks like some others are nudging up the price to see when the reserve is met -

I l.o.v.e. the wrap around yellow and black and I would do a project
                      if my partsbass was a NT

I'd use my Kramer F3NT as a black and yellow stripe project, but the damn neck is white bound

Comment

if it is a "custom" to me, it better have a build tag like this beauty for only a grand....

and this one that sold for around the same price not too long ago.

now that's custom to me, but naturally 2x the price used

Comment

A friend of mine has a Charvette with the EVH red and white stripe paint job (i dont know if its orignal) but its a sharp looking bass (I know this has been coverd but whats the story behind the Charvette)

Comment

no way was it original as far as I know. the Charvette line was like the PS series, certainly playable in every way, just cheaper woods/electronics/hardware..

I have a ton of 80's ModelSeries, and 1 90's CHS. The CHS is the strathead Charvette of the day IMO...

my CHS is perfectly playable just like a Charvette/Performer, but CHEAPLY MADE. no more poplar body, no more highmass Jackson bridge, no more j-20/j-150 pickups, and the damn body pocket is not the same so I can't swap necks from my models to the CHS

I actually saw a cracklefinish Charvette, so if they made a EVH version, then they did.... I just don't know....

Comment

Forgive me for saying this, but it sounds like its the Squier of the Charvel world .I know the Charvette had a stamped steel bridge and a single pick-up but I thought the neck was the same as 2b

Comment

Working...
                              X