Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see if I did this
    right"http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...C/SDC10476.jpg"
    Last edited by SOB H.R.MC; 12-10-2009, 12:02 PM.

Comment

From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by SOB H.R.MC View Post
        that pic works, but you have to choose the link that has the [img] and [/img] at both sides of the link to have it display in the post like chowderboots did.
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

the mighty SVT

Comment

there you go, pics now work...but a SVT how old is that one??...it reminds me of my beginnerDays when I used this AMPEG. I hate hyped up stuff and Ampeg is one of the most over-rated companies amps I ever saw "compared" to a lot of other stuff

however...to each his own, and that is what makes us all unique
            this old thing has been retired for a good 10 years, but the cabinet comes in handy here and there ( it has wheels )

.BTW what color is your 3b darkBlue or darkGreen??

Comment

The SVT is a MTI era(early80's) and the 3b is black.I bought the Ampeg in Feb 1990 and the 3b on my b-day in March 1990 .At that time I had been playing(fakeing) bass for 2yrs

Comment

faking bass playing? I've been doing that for 20 years

anyway, your 3b looks colored I guess from the flash... I have not had the time after work to put that one I just got in the previous posts back together yet, but when I do, I'll have the mandatory pics in my jamroom to show ( not that anyone has NOT seen a 3b before )...lol

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                  I'm such a sucker for a good deal ( like I "really" need another bass in my house )...lololol

here's a BlackCherry 86 3b I just found for 200.00:
                  Man, that is a sweet bass! I wasn't aware the 3Bs were neckthrough? I was thinking about getting a J/C bass and spending around 2 bills, can you steer something like this my way? Or if you need to sell anything, let me know.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They may not be museum pieces but IMO they are every Fender aficinado's nightmare after all how can a bass be so inexpensive yet sound and play so fuckin good (and LOUD)
                    Last edited by SOB H.R.MC; 12-11-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

They may not be museum pieces but IMO they are every Fender aficinado's nightmare after all how can a bass be so inexpensive yet sound and play so fuckin good (and LOUD)
                      100% correct, very few of the J/C mass produced basses are expensive...why?

cause people are always looking for a stupid Fenderhead ANYTHING, and frown upon any unit that #1 does not say Fender on it, and #2 it has a pointyhead, and the masses are too sucked into the FenderLOOK with a stupid TORT pickguard---!!!!, and noone cares about anything else...try getting a 85 Fender P for 200 -- <<<

not a chance, and these things KILL a Fender P for neckFeel, AND tonality ( Naturally all my opinion ). I have had many, many people come into my jamroom with Fender this and that, and yes they sound good, but pay 600 for a p-bass ....not on your life !!!!

RACERX, yep 3b's are NT, the rest are BO. my favorite is my CAR 4b, sounds the same as the 3, but lighter. Since your looking, I'll do my best to help you out. --- meaning if you see one on EBAY, tell me and I won't bid ... as far as mine, ya I'll look at the units and PM you a choice or 2.

Comment

Amen to that. I plan to get a P in the near future. It's kinda a coming of age thing for me...but hell yeah--the reason why I own my 3B isn't because of the name or the price, just because that neck slays!!! And I like the slightly narrower bridge spacing. It complements the quick, narrow neck very well. It's exactly how a bass should play.

Comment

There is a red 3b for sale or trade on TB Charvel 4 string $375 or Trade for a nice Pbass

Comment

thanks SOB, but 375 is a hundred too much for what it is with no chainsaw case....( and a chipped tip )

that is a 86 and no offense to him, but he aint gonna get 400 for a 3b.

I guess the stupid overpriced Fender p-bass he wants costs 400+ and he is trying not to spend any cash... I got 2 3b's and one was 200 and one was bought from a fellow JCF member for 250, with NO chipped tips and came with cases

p.s. no insult intended to those Fender P-bass lovers ......
                            Last edited by amimbari; 12-23-2009, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Reviving the thread

new bass day is the topic, so here you go

here's that 93 Futura EX I picked up. Very clean, and perfectly playable out of the box. ( must have 40-95 strings on it cause they are easier to bend than my Charvels with the 45-100's )

and that blackcherry 3b I got in the beginning of this thread will now have a Jackson Concert pre that I bought off a TB'er so bye-bye switch, hello blend ( and I dont even have to drill the switch hole bigger since all the holes are the same size )

Comment

Wow that 3B is gonna rumble when you're done with it.

Maybe the strings on that Futura are just a different brand from what you're used to? A pack of SITs I got are a lot more flexible than the Rotos I normally use of the same gauge, for example.

Oh and speaking of 3Bs, since I tore out the preamp on mine a bit ago, I threw in a DiMarzio PAF Model P, a 500K pot, and a new 1/4" jack I had lying around last Tuesday. Much better. Still not perfect, but at least I can plug it in and make a lot of noise with it now. The DiMarzio is much clearer than the stock pickups, but the timbre is a little funky. One of these days, this bass will get a nice set of loud DiMarzios (Split P and X2N-7) and a new bridge. Until then, it still plays phenomenally. It has the most stable neck of any of my guitars and I can get the action nice and low no problado. I got it because the neck is so fuggin fast and every time I play it, the neck blows me away.
                                Last edited by Chowderboots; 01-22-2010, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X