No announcement yet.

NBD again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad this just came up because there was a 3B I wouldn't have even done a double take on, but I ended up buying it! Hopefully I'll have it next week.

Also, good to see you're putting the green cord to use!

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
      I'm glad this just came up because there was a 3B I wouldn't have even done a double take on, but I ended up buying it! Hopefully I'll have it next week.

Also, good to see you're putting the green cord to use!
      I'd love to see it when you get it. What color is it?
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

you just CAN'T go wrong with a 3b NT no matter what the year or color for 200-300 bucks

the bass I posted at the beginning of this thread had a bad pot on the board and instead of just re-soldering a new one for 3 dollars I wanted to experiment so a month later it FINALLY has the CMG preamp I bought off a TB'er in there now, and it is ready to go for playing at practice on Sunday.

I would normally be shocked on the sustain and full tone this thing has, but I have had another one for years. This one is no different and did not disappoint me either...

one thing that is VERY different between this one and all my others are the pickups. These have 4x the magnets and much more output compared to my Jackson branded pickups. A word of advice to the "tone seekers" >>> if you see the 85-86 exposed pole pickups on a junk bass, or have someone who will sell them to you C.H.E.A.P....they would probably make a nice difference on the passive basses output as well and a good alternative to a set of x-brand for 100+.

here's a quick couple pics of the new knob layout now minus the switch:

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
          I'd love to see it when you get it. What color is it?
          Its the same blackberry color that amimbari's is. Assuming I fall in love, I'll probably refin it at some point and go white.

Comment

Its the same blackberry color that amimbari's is. Assuming I fall in love, I'll probably refin it at some point and go white.
            Very nice. Seeing a white 3B on eBay is what first got me hooked on the idea of getting a Charvel.
            From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

did you buy that one with the white knobs?

Comment

mike, i have a complete j/c bridge if you still need it for the black cherry 3b
                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                  did you buy that one with the white knobs?
                  Yeah, thats the one. We'll see how it treats me.

Comment

Yeah, thats the one. We'll see how it treats me.
                    except for the goofy magic marker on the frets, it should be a fine player if all the electronics work, yes that is an 86 just like the one I just got.

When you get it if you have any questions certainly post them...

( ya shudda best offered him 200+ shipping )

Comment

I originally offered 200, he countered 300 so I met him in the middle.

No idea what is going on with the frets, that is my one worry. Hopefully something that cleans up.

Comment

I originally offered 200, he countered 300 so I met him in the middle.

No idea what is going on with the frets, that is my one worry. Hopefully something that cleans up.
                        from the pics on the bay, it looks like just magic marker and even if you left it, it won't affect the playability anyway.

Last edited by amimbari; 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: took out stupid stuff...lol

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                          875 for something you can't even see in his one far away pic --OMFG.

I'm messaging him today to ask for more pics to really see what the hell that thing actually is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                          That pic sure does blow huge chunks, and his spelling is friggin' atrocious!

But it looks like a CMG Concert; they did come in blue http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=30

but these are MIJ, right? New ones list for $980, nowhere near $ 2800.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I took that shit out of my post Racer, it's really meant for the afraid of ebay thread...lol
                            but ya blue was a color, and it looks like a plain old CMG to me...did you see the SHIP charge, he's in VA im in PA and it says 150.00
                            total fukin loser, but you know what...I'm not buying it so I don't care, but I will tell anyone who asks is it worth it ------- HELL NO!!!!!

so lets "say" it is a plain old CMG, ya a grand max when brand new with a case....He's just trippin....

Comment

Originally posted by SOB H.R.MC View Post
                              the mighty SVT
                              just played one of those a few nights ago in boston. they sound fucking incredible

Comment

What cabinet? I have the 8-10 cab but I also have an Accoustic 301(sealed 18 in) that feels like getting kicked in the chest by a mule (sounds muddy inside a 15 ft radius though,wouldn't recomend for small clubs/stages)

Comment

Working...
                                X