NBD again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Nice. That's a solid bass rig.
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

All of the guitarists I have ever worked with HATED it(drummers love it).I would have the volume on 3 and they ALL pissed and moaned to me about turning it down.(yes there is satisfaction when you can completly drown out a 400 watt Marshall stack )

Comment

Originally posted by sob h.r.mc View Post
        they all pissed and moaned to me about turning it down.(yes there is satisfaction when you can completly drown out a 400 watt marshall stack )
        lmfao
        Check-it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg

Comment

IMO,I wasn't trying to be Fucking Arrogant.

Comment

naw, arrogant would have said your drowning out the guitars with the svt and a 2x12...

screw just the guitarists --- I KILL our whole band when I have my 4x10 and 2x15 hooked up...
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I love bass gear. It can be so...thunderous.

Comment

I absofuckinglutely agree. I auditioned for a band last week and was told to bring just a bass because it was a "silent audition"(they plugged me into a pod and I had headphones on).I had a really hard time getting used to not feeling the bass lines I was playing(yea ,I bombed it and felt like a idiot)

Comment

SOB, I hate wearing headphones only as well....

and you had to use a fukin POD for the tone????...no wonder you bombed it...hahah that would be like me paying a Fender Presicion compared to my Jacksons, OR playing out of a crappy Crate 2x12 combo amp after using my SHS2500 amp for so long...

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                    I originally offered 200, he countered 300 so I met him in the middle.

No idea what is going on with the frets, that is my one worry. Hopefully something that cleans up.
                    well let's see it already..

here's the 3b trio now. the crackle was peabuddy's and I traded him for my black 2b with the Kahler.

left to right... 1986,1988,1987

Last edited by amimbari; 02-12-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

pod and a P.O.S Dean E09 5 string I got off ebay for $125. P.S.Love that crackle finish!
                      Last edited by SOB H.R.MC; 02-12-2010, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SOB H.R.MC View Post
                        I absofuckinglutely agree. I auditioned for a band last week and was told to bring just a bass because it was a "silent audition"(they plugged me into a pod and I had headphones on).I had a really hard time getting used to not feeling the bass lines I was playing(yea ,I bombed it and felt like a idiot)
                        Lame, dude! Was is a band you really wanted to be a part of?

Being able to feel what I'm playing is what keeps me loving bass. I haven't found that kind of satisfaction yet on any other instrument. Your fingers can just tickle the strings and you can feel it all throughout your body.

Comment

My ol'lady had a suggestion on what to do with all my gear:join/start a band or sell it. I walked away from the music scene in `98 when the singer/club brother died of acute cocaine intoxication resulting in a heart attack.I just had my first child and it was a wake up call for me(I was partying with him just hours before he died).I turn 42 in less than a month so I'm getting too old to play metal/thrash according to every band that finds out how old I am so I'm getting a little desperate

Comment

Originally posted by SOB H.R.MC View Post
                            I turn 42 in less than a month so I'm getting too old to play metal/thrash according to every band that finds out how old I am so I'm getting a little desperate
                            and?

I'm 49 and will turn 50 in June and I tell ANYBODY who wants me this:

Hand me the songs, If I can do them, you have your man...If I cannot, then I would not have taken the audition in the first place....

I keep a lot of highspeed youtube covers online just for that purpose...to SHOW anyone young OR old that just because I'm 50 and have some grey hair, don't mean I'm thru playing

( SHOW YOUR WIFE SOME OLD FOGIE METAL JAMS ), and say " SEE this guy is 50 and he still rocks like a 30 something "...

Comment

It's not that I dont agree but I havn't been able to get my foot in the door.This is the first band to agree to letting me try out.They did call me back on Sunday and I'm going back tonite.I'll post the news if I make it or not.(P.S.the only wife I have is a EX-wife .After pressuring me to walk away she left me in "06 for a FUCKING SINGER!)
                              Last edited by SOB H.R.MC; 02-15-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X