No announcement yet.

Bad preamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks jacksonfreak, but that is my preamp and it does work....the pic was added as an example of the jack style that metalmedal was talking about....
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
      If you find it's the preamp, like amimbari said, I've got one kicking around that I'm not going to use in anything...
      did you you take the 1 out of you 3b? SOB< i've got a few laying around
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Yep, peabuddy, I did. I don't know why, but it didn't work. Signal came through, but only the volume and pickup selector worked. The other pots were inactive. I didn't like the pickups all that much (too dark, not enough output), so I cut out the preamp and threw in a PAF DiMarzio Model P....for now.
        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

i hear ya. i find i'm using my non active 2b and the 2b with the emgs mostly now . to me the active set seem to be too bright for me

Comment

Yeah the only thing I'm using more than the 3B is the Kelly. I've been meaning to tell you thanks again. That guitar is getting a lot of attention...and it loves it! Whenever I practice or whenever I'm called out to jam, it's the first axe that I go to.

Comment

man i'm so glad you play it! it sat in the case when i had it. i just couldn't get used to the shape and the case is freakin' huge! she is a beautiful bass though!

Comment

Peabuddy, I hope your crackle also just sat in the case so the pots are not scratchy when it gets here and if you want to know ANYTHING about adjusting a Kahler, go and join this board:

Free forum : The home for bass tremolo users! Bass Tremolo Fanatics

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                  man i'm so glad you play it! it sat in the case when i had it. i just couldn't get used to the shape and the case is freakin' huge! she is a beautiful bass though!
                  Every day for a while! Right now, it's got 50% of my attention, the other half going to my Charvel.

Yeah, the case is monstrous, but I'm no stranger to those coffee tables.

The only thing that is amiss is the truss rod nut--I can't seem to find a wrench that will fit over the nut AND fit between the nut and the bottom of the slot in the headstock. I've never had that problem with any of the bullet truss rod nuts before...

Comment

I checked battery voltage(8.92) at output/switch(6.8) so I removed the output and it came out in peices .I took a close look at the switch and the barrel the 1/4 in. plug rides in was extremely loose with the plug in.I found a local source for the strero jack and I will be dusting off the soldering gun later this week.

Comment

well at least the jack was probably the issue SOB

when I threw the concert pre in to replace the one I took out, it came with the open jack, not the black barrel and this type of input jack "just" fit in the hole on my 3b and I did have to kinda force it in there. it did not squeeze onto the tabs bad enough to cause any problems.

If you bought one of those types, your probably gonna run into the same shit..just be careful when your pushing it into the hole to get the nut attached on the "football" plate on the thing.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.I'm also replacing the battery clip while I have the soldiering gun out.

Comment

i never have had that problem either. did you dhange guages or something to require the truss rod to need adjusting? the only playablity issue i had was the body shape !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                            i never have had that problem either. did you dhange guages or something to require the truss rod to need adjusting? the only playablity issue i had was the body shape !
                            I put on Roto Swing 66s (45-65-80-105). The neck changes between winter and summer, I can feel it from the action. In spite of that, god damn it's such a blast to play. Fat neck, glassy sounding frets. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                              I put on Roto Swing 66s (45-65-80-105). The neck changes between winter and summer, I can feel it from the action. In spite of that, god damn it's such a blast to play. Fat neck, glassy sounding frets. I love it.
                              how is that possible, I have never had any seasonal changes affect any of mine, I put them in the case, and pull them out whenever and they are always in tune still at DGCF..

I have to lol a little because Rob Peabuddy got the 2b, and he could not figure out how I could play it with the strings that low... he said he likes to really pound on the strings...I just "delicately fingerpick" them and crank up the pre-AMP.

God if I had to deal with strings more than a couple mm or so off the board I would go nutz, that's why I don't play the Kramer

Comment

I GUESS MY finger playing is weird cuz when i started playing, i was 360 lbs! quite a beer belly. lol now i'm 220 and still attack the strings at the same angle! kinda semi slap without meaning to. and yeah mike, you play a LOW action! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X