No announcement yet.

Which bass should I look for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made in USA would be the ultimate, but I have a hard enough time keeping up with the cost of my guitars.

I really just need a basic bass so I can fill in when we don't have a bass player, but I thought having a unique body shape might make it more fun. I also thought about a Carvin V220 but don't see any for sale right now - and I always try to stay with Charvel/Jackson whenever possible. To tell the truth, I'm also really digging the white (non-yellowed) P-bass body bass in your pic. Can you tell me what model & year that is?

Comment

that's a 93 Futura quickSilver, the same body as a KipWinger but the "cheap" version.....

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

A friend of mine said he thought he saw one of those L-S-1 basses for sale at a local used shop. Do you think that's something worth looking at? I looked at the 93 catalog and it seems like thats a pretty classic design and not really in the true Charvel Jackson form.
        Any opinions on the L-S-1. P.S. amimbari, it's obvious from your video links that you have some serious chops. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
          if I get a Kelly, any Kelly, I want CHOWDERBOOTS c/s unit
          and If I can't have that one, the ONLY other one would be a KBX with the EMG's like my TBX.
          and ya holycrap 380.00 for a KB-1?..well unless someone who bid on it is a weasel to drive up the price, someone will get it for at LEAST 380!!!

fukin crazy, but I LOVE this sentence out of the ad:

"Do you see any more of these on Ebay? Nope."

ya maybe not this week but many have been for sale in 6 months if you look at the completed items
          --
          :ROTF:
          You can have it, man....if you can pry it from my cold, dead hands!

My precious...

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          Yeah, I thought the price was steep on that Kelly bass, too. Good to hear that they're not too rare. I've never cared too much about basses before, so I've never noticed.

Did Jackson offer MIJ Kelly and Warrior basses in neck-through, ebony-boarded, sharkfin versions? I'm thinking of getting something like that if I can, or else a Hamer Explorer-style (Blitz, I think).
          Those bolt on Kelly basses are pretty common, yeah. That would be another fun bass to hot rod.

No, they never did. Gotta go CS for those features. I don't think they ever made a production run of Warrior basses. I've seen a CS Warrior in person, though!

However, I HIGHLY recommend a Hamer Blitz bass--if you can find one. I love mine to death. It's my favorite bass. It balances better than anything else I've played. You can have it on your shoulder and forget it's there--it's so natural to hold. No fighting the neck at all. Great sound, although I'm partial to the sound of the stock pickups. And the set neck is a cool feature.

Right after I put the Kahler on, still stock everything else:

Originally posted by Dice_crisis View Post
          A friend of mine said he thought he saw one of those L-S-1 basses for sale at a local used shop. Do you think that's something worth looking at? I looked at the 93 catalog and it seems like thats a pretty classic design and not really in the true Charvel Jackson form.
          Any opinions on the L-S-1. P.S. amimbari, it's obvious from your video links that you have some serious chops. Thanks.
          Probably...from the catalog, they look pretty nice. What's there to lose by giving it a spin?
          From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
          X