Jackson JPB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JPB?

Any thoughts on these? Very little info outside of Henrik's site (dealer price lists). Of the very little info I have, it seems as though they were not out there for very long due to a lawsuit.

There were several models...I guess the easiest way to tell one from the other is by the bridge...but I know nothing about Jackson bass bridges.

Saw one for $250 or something and was considering taking a shot at it. Thoughts?

that's one model I know nothing about beyond pics and the 3 versions JPB7,8,9. I was gonna bid on the JPB7 on ebay, but I just don't have the cashflow at the moment....

there are a couple people hee who own one of the models and hopefully they will see this thread soon.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Never seen one before. Funky.
      |My CSG gallery|
      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

I have plenty of pics, just never saw on in person before... there are a couple people here that probably still own them, cause some of the pics I have are from JCF members.
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

They are weird little basses. Small neck, very light weight. I like mine well enough but have read about others that didn't like the sound or fretbuzz issues. I must have lucked out. Mine has the turnip finish. See Matt Marathon's thread on page 2 "Me and my jackson bass on stage" to see pics of Matt's and my turnip lol.

Comment

late chiming in... I love the JPBs, and have two a JPB8 and a JPB9. These are officially the basses I use when we have to fly to a gig (Kelly and Rhoads cases are just too large to fly, plus I am afraid to fly with the CS Bass). Replaced pickups with EMG 45DCs no preamp!!! Very slim necks for sure. I LOVE pointy basses, but have to say I am a sucker for this bass's curviness.
            Here is a pic of me abusing it in Columbus at the Scion Rock Fest in March:
            Endorsing Artist:
            ESP Basses
            Mesa Boogie Amplification
            EMG Pickups
            D'Addario Strings
            Pedaltrain Pedalboards
            Couch Straps
            InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

by the way I am 6'5" tall, that is why the bass looks rather small.
              Endorsing Artist:
              ESP Basses
              Mesa Boogie Amplification
              EMG Pickups
              D'Addario Strings
              Pedaltrain Pedalboards
              Couch Straps
              InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Working...
              X