• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
    ,AntiGravs...
    Bwahahaha

How many sold?

So, don't hold your breath!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

all I wanna know is here is:

Where the fuck did all the supercool 1989-90 SuperDinky NT basses go?
      Those and the Soloist/NT, Futura5's, and the CSB Ibanez looking heads and the 6 string Salute go?

they HAD TO have made more than 10 of each of those goddamit ---

screw anything new, there has to be enough 80's and 90's gear out there to keep even the next generation of younger players happy.
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
        all I wanna know is here is:

Where the fuck did all the supercool 1989-90 SuperDinky NT basses go?
        Those and the Soloist/NT, Futura5's, and the CSB Ibanez looking heads and the 6 string Salute go?

they HAD TO have made more than 10 of each of those goddamit ---

screw anything new, there has to be enough 80's and 90's gear out there to keep even the next generation of younger players happy.

Hey man - I am hearing you. I would really love to have a few more bass options from Jackson. A standard 5 string with 19mm spacing and maybe some form of EMG pickups. I think the best shape would be either 80's style Concert or Futura (love the Futura shape) and definitely pointy headstock.

By the way love your stuff on youtube. You have an unusual playing style but it definitely works for you!

Comment

jcburn, at gigs I bring my leftys, but for youtube vids everything gets played

and ya, let Jackson make 2 basses, no big deal to me when there are tens of thousands of different old basses out there. They never made anything in lefty beyond the 2b's anyway that I ever saw, so to have a run of under 600.00 units made they would all be righty probably.

Comment

I was told by someone "in the know" that Jackson finds it more difficult to make a budget neckthru bass of decent quality (w/o expensive stuff like laminated necks, etc.). I don't agree with that assessment, but there you go.

J/C basses were never big sellers, and I suspect FMIC isn't willing to put in a lot of effort on them. The old Charvel 3B and Jackson Futura were great values, and I'd love to see them return in some form. But look at the resale values. 3B's regularly fail to reach $300 on eBay, while the guitar-equivalent Model 6 regularly doubles that. The Futura is even crazier. A lacewood bass with ebony board that goes for $400 on eBay???

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
              J/C basses were never big sellers, The old Charvel 3B and Jackson Futura were great values, But look at the resale values. 3B's regularly fail to reach $300 on eBay, while the guitar-equivalent Model 6 regularly doubles that. The Futura is even crazier. A lacewood bass with ebony board that goes for $400 on eBay???
              that's why I keep mine around, they are only worth something to "Me"

scary that they lost so much "market" value over the years, but like you said Jackson never WANTED to be a big bass company.

Comment

Working...
              X