USA Jackson basses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson basses

Does Jackson even make a neck through bass anymore?
    METAL, LIVE IT!

CS only last time I checked.
    -Rick

Comment

last Production NT bass I know of for the "masses" created in huge numbers was the 3B's.

My 94 TBX is NT, and Jap made, but they didn't make 10,000 of them....
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

some new production neck thrus would be awesome (USA Production or Japan is cool with me).

What is the general want in y'alls opinion? Traditional shapes (Concert bass or C20 style etc) or Contemporary (Pointy Vs Warriors Kellys etc)

and pointy 4 or 5 in line or gumby/ amoeba style headstock???

just curious!

Matt
        Endorsing Artist:
        ESP Basses
        Mesa Boogie Amplification
        EMG Pickups
        D'Addario Strings
        Pedaltrain Pedalboards
        Couch Straps
        InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
          Contemporary (Pointy Vs Warriors Kellys etc)

and pointy 4 or 5 in line or gumby/ amoeba style headstock???

just curious!

Matt
          I never knew some people considered wild shapes contemporary

and a gumby compared to a pointy?? --- not on your life !!!!

nope, nada, never will happen.

I was always looking to see if Jackson would make these for the masses:

but instead I took the alternative and bought my 100.00 COPY:

remember selling to the masses equals "cheap"..anyone who has 2000-5000 would have a custom made anyway. ( at least I would )...lol
          Last edited by amimbari; 08-14-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

by "the masses" I meant consumers who would actually purchase instruments in the price point. Obviously there is an under 200 under 500 under 1000 and 1000+ market.
            Endorsing Artist:
            ESP Basses
            Mesa Boogie Amplification
            EMG Pickups
            D'Addario Strings
            Pedaltrain Pedalboards
            Couch Straps
            InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

your right, and if FenderCorp thought 399.95 would bring in some cash for a new cheap Jackson line, I would prefer anything that did NOT look like everything else. RR bass would be a huge seller at 500 bucks even though that body has been worn out for 20 years because everyone on the planet knows the name like GibsonCorp is doing with the Striker Bass and a couple others that bear the Kramer name.

oh, and a lefty option of course

too many other companies cheap or $$$ that look like a p-bass --

Comment

I would love to see some 5 stringers with 19mm spacing and maybe a comwback of the Futura in a 4 and 5 string model.
                ALL with pointy headstock.

Comment

christ, I would take any comeback of any model at this point considering all they offer now is 2 stupid basses the ever-so-unpopular and overpriced JCambell and CBettie basses.

maybe bring back the JX,JZB,JPB,AntiGravs...

Comment

Maybe bring back more basses in general.. and less of the gumby heads!!

Comment

anything at this point of only 2 basses would be an improvement, even ONE 5 stringer that looked like the old Concert would make me happy ( in lefty of course )

Comment

Does anyone think it's worth getting some consensus on this board and maybe creating a partition to send to the powers that be at Jackson/Fender?

Comment

I wish Jackson would do a production line of Warrior Bass's. Apart from obvious copies, I've only seen 2 legit ones, both Custom Shop (both right-handed too). The first was trans-black, the last one at the Namm show (Winter 2010?) in black, with reversed headstock.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

how many names would it take?, out of those names how many would disagree on what new style?, out of those people who disagree how many of them want a p/j bass compared to a p/hb-p/mm..etc..

a lot of questions on the manufacturer's head..

how many total units of each style will be made, and at what cost point to let buyers buy them so they actually sell?

and finally, how many people would like a model, and PRE-pay for it? I don't know of anybody who's ready to toss off 600.00 for a production bass and wait 3 months for the run to complete and then get shipped to a dealer where you could pick it up.
                            a 3,000 bass and a 6 month wait is fine because your getting what you want, but production?

Comment

I don't have $3k right now. I need 4-6 months to save up that much coin.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X