Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on my kip winger (futura) bass. Really belated NBD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on my kip winger (futura) bass. Really belated NBD.

I got this a couple of months ago, bought it from a music store online. When I saw it I instantly said "Thats the bass for me". It is indeed the perfect bass for me, the only problem is the neck. I heard from numerous sources that the early Japanese professional basses have thin necks, but this one is almost exactly the same dimension as my 2008 MIM P bass. Anyone know if they changed the neck carve sometime in production?

I read alot of stuff on this forum, read alot of stuff on audiozone, and got alot of info from jacksonplayer/pro-fusion (Huge thanks to him). It seems that this is a 1991 (serial # j10XXXX as well as a blank truss rod cover). And I don't remember the exact model name since it seems audiozone's catalogs are down at the moment. Anyways, any input on this bass is appreciated.

This is my first jackson pro and it is the bomb. Its really light and resonant and the ebony fretboard is the bomb. Really a fine quality instrument.

What are the other colors of this model and what is the going price when they come up for sale.

Also is there a production bass jackson made with
    -P/J/Futura body
    -Ebony Fretboard
    -Neck Through
    -Thin Neck
    -Point (or fender) headstock
    -Non Dot Inlays
    -USA or Professional

Because that would be a dream bass for sure!

My 87/88 3b's and my 1995 TBX-pro NT are different....and my other old charvel b.o's feel the same. I didn't think there was so much of a difference between them to begin with.

Same for my Kramers compared to the old Charvels. It could be 1 neck spec for the b.o. and one for the n.t's....
    Last edited by amimbari; 07-02-2010, 05:27 AM.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

here's a close up on the back of the 2 necks...the closer one is a jackson neck, the other is a kramer...forget about the ridge near the head, but you can easily see it is flatter on the back....the kramer neck is like my 3b, the jackson neck is like my tbx.
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
      X