A nice old Jackson bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A nice old Jackson bass?

What do you think about this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-Jackson-San-...item20b2447947
    I know that the price is quite high, but I guess that this particular bass is also quite rare these days? Opinions please!

Price is not high at all.
    Neck thru SD era basses are hard to find.

I would buy it in a second if I had the cash.
    -Rick

Comment

ya what RJ said, good price but those expensive SanDimas units are just a disguised Charvel 3B with a HB at the bridge and a price that matches the USA logo....

you like the look? Go find a NT 3B for 200-300 bucks and a J40 Humbucker for 40 or so bucks and save 600.00

and if you think it will not work and cover up the J pickup...it does with an extra wide trim ring !!
      I'm a lefty so I put it in my lefty 2b, but could have easily put it in one of my 3b's

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

A 3B would be a nice alternative.
        -Rick

Comment

I think it's pretty fuggin sweet.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

I'm not denying that thing is cool...I LOVE wild colors, and would toss a j40 in my crackle in an instant ( If I wasn't lefthanded )...yes I play inverted so playing any righty is not the problem, and if I had the extra 1000 I would also love to own it, but not when a 3b is exactly the same unit minus the USA logo

Comment

I actually didn't read your post; I just commented on the bass that came up. I think it would be better if it was either a Charvel or had sharkies. But not a Charvel with sharkies... those are for Jacksons and (Charvel) Surfcasters IMO.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

in the past few months, I have seen more USA and Jap C/J basses on ebay than in the past 2 years since the depression of 2008. Fortunately us bassplayers can get a nice unit for cheap still..Those damn guitars are so expensive still, it sometimes makes me glad I don't collect those things and play bass

although sharkies are the shit and SOOOOOOOO recognizable as a Jackson, and I do have a couple Jackson sharkie basses, most of the collection are Charvel dots.

here's my only sharkie guitar---- my old 1988 Bently Series10 sharkie SSH unit::ROTF:

Comment

Hi, all. I'm the seller of that bass and the price has actually been lowered this week. Not so sure if I would equate a Charvel 3B as being in the same league as an SD Jackson Concert bass though. I'm sure some of you guys have played an SD bass, and if you haven't, you owe it to yourself to try one out.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

like I said, it is a an absolute beautiful piece, but it is STILL a 3b, wing wood/neck and electronics...no difference IMO when it does not come with a sharkneck.

when they do, the price goes up and if it was a p/hb with this neck, then yep, I'd buy it also

Last edited by amimbari; 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      Hi, all. I'm the seller of that bass and the price has actually been lowered this week. Not so sure if I would equate a Charvel 3B as being in the same league as an SD Jackson Concert bass though. I'm sure some of you guys have played an SD bass, and if you haven't, you owe it to yourself to try one out.
                      Have you played a 3 B ?

Comment

since this is a discussion about the difference between a 3b and a SD bass, is it not the same poplar wings with a maple center/same spec'ed neck same j2000 and pups they use in the 3b's?

Yes charvel750's came with J-40HB and not a J which makes it a little different but period correct for the years they used the j40 in various units ( like the 86 JAP model 1 )

Am I that ignorant thinking a SD bass is so different than a 3b it warrants 3x the cost?
                        If there is something BIG I am missing here, PLEASE let me know, as I am not Mr. Perfect when it comes to details I know nothing about.

again, charvel750....this is not to challenge what you think it is worth, or to have you defend why you think it should cost 700-800 just because it says USA on the head, but to make ME understand WHY there should be a price increase just because of a sticker on the head. I will give it one credit, it is not a P/J USA concert, so it has more value yes to someone looking for a collectible, but as a player...I can't imagine it sounding looking or playing any better worse different than a mint 3b from the time period.

Comment

i bought my san dimas #j0135 from charvel750. awesome dude and he always find nice ass j/c. i would bass that one if i had the coin, i paid 650 for my student bass several years ago.
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Yeah, I remember J0135, that one was awesome. Honestly, guys, I don't play bass but love to get 'em in when I can. I mess around and record backing tracks with them for soloing practice and such. But I gotta say, the USA made Jacksons just have a feel and a solidity I don't get from the Japanese Model series. They're damn fine guitars/basses, and yes, I noodled around on a Charvel Model 3B. So it's all cool. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

solidity ? watch out joe, ron will have to say about that! lol sell me that san dimas bass on payments! lol
                              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                              X