'70's San Dimas bolty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '70's San Dimas bolty?

Does anybody have any info on this??? Never knew Jackson made a USA bolty...looks more like the newer Charvels you see on ebay from time to time with a different logo.

Was Jackson an actual brand in the late 70's?

Looks like a typical Ontario product to me. "made in USA" logo is in the wrong place for a San Dimas era. And no Jackson didn;t exsist until the first Rhoads in '80 It was Charvel up till that point. But if i'm wrong im sure someone will correct me
    Gil

Comment

Can't be a 70's Jackson - it was Charvel until Rhoads, as J-Freak stated.

I'm thinking Charvel Model 2B with a re-logo and parts plate.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Newc;1371210]Can't be a 70's Jackson - it was Charvel until Rhoads, as J-Freak stated.

That's what I thought :think:

Thanks for the input guys...just out of curiousity, what would be the earliest bass Jackson would have produced?

Comment

J0002 & J0003, black & red, both finished 6/16/83, built for the NAMM show. The next bass they did was the Gene Simmons axe bass, J0007.

Early logs:

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...s_1983_1985%2F

Comment

dg,

Thanks for the info!! Great link...that will help me with my Concert #!!

Comment

I have #1991 and it is san dimas plated made it orntario. neck looks earlier to me but who am i
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                I have #1991 and it is san dimas plated made it orntario. neck looks earlier to me but who am i
                So your thinking it may be legit?

Comment

Originally posted by maynard View Post
                  So your thinking it may be legit?
                  it may be legit but it's not late 70s. Peabuddy's #1991 has a SD plate but was built in Ontario, which means it was made around '86 or later
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

I always doubted the notion they made necks only as needed. I'm pretty sure they'd make a bunch of necks and put them in a box, just so they'd have some on-hand if/when the planer or bandsaws went down. That being the case, it shouldn't be too hard to imagine that a neck made in 1985 was not used until 1986.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So from what I'm hearing, there were B/O USA basses, (I had newer seen one till this ad).

Comment

I'm not getting involved because I just don't know what it is. I know it's not a dinky body,(2b) it is a 3-4b body with the large cover, but that's all I know. I thought all that old USA stuff had normal p- config, that thing is - reverse-p

and the switch is on the wrong side???
                        maybe someone put a plate and neck on it long ago???
                        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          it may be legit but it's not late 70s. Peabuddy's #1991 has a SD plate but was built in Ontario, which means it was made around '86 or later
                          good G '87 but mine has san dimas rout this bass is later. i'd say 88-89
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                          X