David Ellefson concert 5 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Ellefson concert 5 string

They should make this a MIJ production model, I would definitly consider it!

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

If only.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I am sure if they do something like that they will announce it at NAMM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
        They should make this a MIJ production model, I would definitly consider it!

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/blog/?p=530
        Good idea... as long as it's neck-thru like his

Comment

Dave's is bigger than Scott's.
          |My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Dave should be holding a 5-stringer like they had in 92-93
            but so nice in silver

now I have GAS to find a Concert-LX
            Last edited by amimbari; 10-17-2010, 07:53 AM.
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Cool.
              Maybe it's time to re-finish my old cmg in silver...

Comment

Originally posted by dagon View Post
                Cool.
                Maybe it's time to re-finish my old cmg in silver...
                How are the CMGs?
                I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                  How are the CMGs?
                  overpriced

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                    overpriced
                    True. But here in Italy most instruments are overpriced so... When i see the price of a Squier pbass here i'm happy that i like jacksons...

I got my cmg used at a good price years ago, and i am still really happy with it. Great quality and look. And good sound from the emg preamp and pickups.
                    After a while i was tired of the stock emg hz pickups so last year i installed new pickups (active EMGs) and the improvement in sound was unbelievable imo... but this is my taste.
                    The only thing i noticed it's the weight, not the lightest bass i had but very well balanced anyway.

Grim,
                    if you find a used one at a good price, i recommend it.

Back in topic here are some live pics of Ellefson's new basses: http://www.megadeth.com/gallery/main...g2_itemId=7695

Comment

nice link dagon, thanks and yes I forgot your folks over there pay thru the nose for items....
                      same as the ebay seller from Germany wanting 700.00 for a model2.

I forgot to ask you, is yours one of the old ones with the 5 knobs and the switch, or just the knobs?

Comment

Mine has only 5 knobs. No switch.
                        When i changed the pickups i also changed from the original volume and blend pots to two separate volumes, one for each pickup.
                        The 3 pots under are the usual eq controls: bass,mids and treble.
                        I got it with the original jackson hardshell case too.

Here's a pic:

Comment

i think you did the right thing because everyone on TB except for a select group hate emg-hz anything. and man that color just makes me want to find a CMG or an LX in that color....

I just didn't have the 800+ when this Concert was for sale not too long ago on ebay because I really like that metallic that changes color in the light. ( well that and I'm a lefty and to spend a big-buck on a unit it would have to be lefty )

There's a user here that has a nice silver sandimas that is beautiful, but again another big-buck item I dont really need for the collection if I'm not gonna play it.

Too bad these things never took off when Dave used to hold one of these up in the magazines
                          Last edited by amimbari; 10-21-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Yes it was a good idea but I wouldn't say that i hated the stock pickups... honestly i liked the HZs sound when the bass was completely original...
                            But then a friend made a similar change on his spector bass from HZs to DCs and showed me the difference.
                            After this i started to consider the change too, imo the active ones have more presence and defined sound: tighter basses and clear highs. Well now you also know that he's to blame! :ROTF:
                            But the hz aren't bad at all i think.
                            And back to Ellefson...
                            I saw a silver Jackson on ebay lately and i think that silver is one of the best colors for a Concert bass too. I'd like to have that one, but unfortunatly the price + shipping and customs fees make it really too expensive. In the US it would be hard to resist for me...
                            And the bass in your first pic it's just another example of an instrument that i would buy immediatly if i could find one locally at that price.

Ps: thanks for the pics!

Comment

Trying to find a decent enough Jackson bass guitar seems impossible these days for me.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X