Charvel 3B refin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 3B refin

I finally got the whole thing painted, assembled, and ready to rock! I had a friend at a body shop do the painting, so the color is the exact mix for Dodge Charger Orange (modern, not General Lee).

I tried stripping it with a heat gun and razorblade, lets just say that way sucks. Ended up just sanding it all and painting with most of the paint removed. I started this back when there was the debate as to whether Jackson neck-thru construction was the entire neck the entire way through or whether they body was "notched" and the neck fit in it whole way through, but wasn't the full thickness of the entire guitar. This one had the entire thickness of the guitar/neck the whole way though.

As you can see, the fretboard had a ton of sharpie and all that. I used black leather dye (same stuff you get from StuMac) and did about 9 layers to "ebonize" the fretboard. All parts are the originals other than the knobs, just used steel wool on the frets and rusty screws, WD40 on the bridge, etc etc.

The only thing that didn't work was the Charvel decal I had, so I guess none of that. I'm thinking maybe I should get another and just put it on top of the clear coat. Any thoughts on that?

Before:

Now:

That finish looks KILLER! Wouldn't auto paint take away some of the wood's natural resonance, though?
    -A great man once said, "EMGs, they make a bad guitar sound good, and a great guitar sound good."
    My Rig- Charvel San Dimas Style 1
    Hands, featuring Fingers

Comment

Heh, I dunno. Maybe?

I don't know basses much at all, so I don't think I'll be too let down. Haha

Comment

wow how'd I miss this thread

wow is that nice and ebay sellers sell charvel waterslide stickers if you ever wanna put one one. ( who would NOT KNOW it's a Jackson though...lol )
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Very nice. You took something that was butt-uglier than two pieces of homemade sh*t and turned it into a masterpiece. A fine work of art indeed. Never mind the Logo, it's not necessary. Anyone who could not recognize this in a crowd wouldn't understand anyway. Good job. jb

Comment

Working...
          X