Ellefson custom shop basses for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellefson custom shop basses for 2011

Anyone have anymore information on the Ellefson CS basses, price availability etc?

I've heard roughly $2800(4 string) & $3100(5 string) street price. Supposedly shipping this summer.

Comment

this is all i could find as far as prices go:

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Try emailing Matt's Music. They have a price and due date for the new Chris Broderick 6 and 7 strings, so I would assume the Ellefson basses should be around the same time frame.

Comment

whew so expensive

I've been seeing those prices for a while now. I guess if is going to be for a run of 100 or something?, then they are sure limiting the sales to the elite class who really care about it. I guess for us poor fucks, we will never get a concert b.o. CMG or p/j pointy for 499.95
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
              whew so expensive

I've been seeing those prices for a while now. I guess if is going to be for a run of 100 or something?, then they are sure limiting the sales to the elite class who really care about it. I guess for us poor fucks, we will never get a concert b.o. CMG or p/j pointy for 499.95
              This first run is a small limited batch. 60 basses - 30 five strings, 30 four strings. 15 of each in Black and Quicksilver. They're apparently built in the CS which is why the price is kind of steep. Sounds like there will be a lot more signature models of his coming out down the road at different price points. I was surprised they didn't make these basses like the other USA signature models and have them priced around the $2k mark.

Comment

I will laugh 2 years from now when 50 out of 60 are sitting on the shelf and they are forced to sell them for 1500.00.
                3-4grand is CRAZY.

do you realize how many people will snatch up a b.o. concert/passive for less than a grand...do they even care? ..probably not.

second, what is SO special about a Ellefson Sig? anything different on them that is worthy of 3grand? is he signing them? Is the neck shaved any different? are the inlays elephant tusk and the nut and hardware are gold plated??

probably not.

Fuck for that price I'd rather pay 500 bucks to get a plane ticket, go see a show, get backstage passes and have him sign MY 500.00 90's Concert-V bass for less than a grand total investment.

You will never convince me that 4grand is the standard for ANY bass, unless I have it built to MY specs, not someone elses unless the specs for that thing is EXACTLY what I want, and Jackson could easily mass produce b.o. Concert 4+5's for under a grand at any time and sell the shit out of them.

i'm not giving up hope just yet. Perhaps in 2012 we will see a b.o. Concert

Comment

Given the specs and that it's a USA customshop bass, $3000 give or take, given Jacksons current pricing is pretty normal. Sure, it's expensive... but it's not out of the realm of what it would cost you to custom order one with the same or similar specifications.

Dealers may not move all 60 at that price. I doubt Jackson/Fender really gives a shit once they've left their hands. But that's the nature of the business.

Jackson offers a $500 dollar bolt-on concert bass right now. So I am not sure what the fuss is about. I am glad that they're offering high quality USA made signature models instead of just going the route of cheap import models based loosely on what the artists are really using in order to get kids parents to buy them guitars. I'm sure those models are soon to follow but for the folks who want a custom quality instrument, at least it's on the table.

Comment

if you are referring to the C20..... is that a bass?
                    not to me it isn't
                    The only Pointys currently are the CMG and Bettie...

4 total basses and like 40 guitars...you tell me..lol

Jackson could care less about the bassline for real because of the still fantastic guitar sales which holds up the Jackson division of Fender very nicely.

and no I'm not really whining about something that is far above my price range trying to put my meager funds I have to work with upon anyone but me. If you or anyone else can afford 3-4 grand per unit....more power to you

Hell if I had that kind of money I would spend 4grand wait 9 months to a year and have a lefty created ... And I would own another house, a different car, and some "extra" goodies only a lot of money can buy .

I still stand by my statement of it would be cheaper to take my C5 to a show and have Dave sign it.

Comment

The CMG. It's a 500 dollar bolt-on bass with a pointy headstock. They probably should offer that in a 5 string version as well.

I agree. Jackson is a guitar company. Bass isn't something they're concerned with.

I wasn't suggesting that you were whining. I don't disagree that the basses aren't cheap either and that there are a lot of things you and everybody else could spend that kind of money on. I think that's a bit beside the point. My point is simply that given the current pricing structure the CS uses that these limited edition custom basses aren't that outlandishly priced.

Of course it would be cheaper to take your C5 to a show. The only downside is you'd have to sit through 2 hours of what can only be described as a pretty awesome Megadeth cover band with a lazy drummer, awesome lead guitar player, and Mickey Mouse Mustaine on vocals .

Comment

Mickey Mouse is a great analogy......but if that were to happen, who said I would sit thru the concert?. If I had backstage passes or "after-party" passes, I'd be in the hotel getting wasted and text someone to let me know when it was almost over, get there get it signed take a pic or 2 and then I'd go back to the hotel

Comment

Scott-Ian-Dave-Ellefson-Jackson-15.jpg
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

ugly neckthru CMG with Dave almost saying Ya Bitch I got mine for free yours will cost 4grand he-he-he---blech...almost as ugly as this 3800.00 monstrosity that Music123 is selling

Comment

For what it is worth, I will be getting one, and to me, who previously owned a custom concert NT, having a Jr. sig (one of my favorite bassists) is just icing on the cake. Also, other than the (lack of) controls, I quite like the bass posted above, (mine was gun metal grey).

Comment

Working...
                              X