Ellefson custom shop basses for 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    My point is simply that given the current pricing structure the CS uses that these limited edition custom basses aren't that outlandishly priced.
    Yeah but the current pricing structure the CS uses is quite outlandish
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I fully understand that an "investment" is something that will NOT be cheap. I fully understand that some people will pay it no matter what if they can afford it.
      I fully understand that it will last for 10-20-30+ years and the up front cost is minimal for something that will be around for a long long time....

I just can't afford it, so I whine about it
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
        Yeah but the current pricing structure the CS uses is quite outlandish
        When compared to other custom shops from similar companies, not really. It's expensive. No two ways about that. But companies like ESP or Dean for example are almost, and in some cases, double what a Jackson with the same specs would cost you.

Comment

Hey Guy's, been awhile since I have posted anything but,.....I contacted a Jackson dealer and was asking him the same thing about prices. He responded back and sent what I believe was a dealers price guide and,...GOOD GOSH! They have the 4 stringer priced at $3400.00 almost $3500.00 and the 5 string ( which I would love to get/have) was $3900.00 almost $3500.00. and that wasn't MSRP either. The MSRP was $4200.00. DAMN,...I guess I'll just have to wait until they come out with a cheaper version of the Concert V.

Comment

hi Ho-hi-Ho, it's off to rob a bank I go. And if not one bank, perhaps 37 711's would have the total money?

Comment

I was watching the NAMM anouncement by Jr. and he mentions that the CS Basses are the first in his signature line. Hopefully there will be a NT import for those who don't have the jack to get one of the CS models.

Comment

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Was checking Jacksons site and saw these!

Comment

uh huh....but I'll bet you 100.00 there is no lefty option....

Comment

one thing that still kills me is their "attention to detail"

The JS3V Concert Bass features an Indian cedro body, bolt-on maple neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard, 24 jumbo frets, 25" scale, Jackson dual humbucking high output pickups, a fixed bridge and black hardware.

well, it IS a cheaper non-USA version so I guess someone listens to us poor folks.

Indian body/Indian neck and chinese electronics.. schweeeeet JS series? might as well be Charvettes or the old performers, but who knows until we get one in a dealer and I can go jam on it.

Comment

It would be really nice if they could just make one that would meet us in the middle instead of one being WAY out of a working man's price range where we wouldn't have to sell a kidney and, one that is cheap.

Comment

I would like to see something in the pro series, especially the neck through pro's. I will say, the CMMG I played was quite nice, though I prefer a NT instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by mournblade View Post
                          For what it is worth, I will be getting one, and to me, who previously owned a custom concert NT, having a Jr. sig (one of my favorite bassists) is just icing on the cake. Also, other than the (lack of) controls, I quite like the bass posted above, (mine was gun metal grey).
                          I'm getting one too.... I ordered it at the NAMM show, I had a talk with David and I decided on the 5 string silver which he played at the Marshall/Dean Party @ the Grove... they will be very limited and will be a collectors piece.... I have guitars that are two or even three times this in cost so the cost doesn't bother me much.... I know what I'm getting..... Hands down! "Nothing Beats a nice Custom Shop Instrument"! IMO....
                          Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

The JS series is official now, along with David Ellefson "X" series basses, which have the EMG HZ pickups.

Let's see some prices.

Comment

Originally posted by anomynous View Post
                              Nice spelling there, buddy
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X