Didn't Ellefson use one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asshole grammar nazis

you got a board that the swearword filters are off and you can say fuck all day, but spell shit wrong and they go crazy-wild.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post

you got a board that the swearword filters are off and you can say fuck all day, but spell shit wrong and they go crazy-wild.
      Yes vary funney...

Tanks Ron for the laughs you grammer Nazi!!!
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

I think I'm being a party-pooper. I guess we are SUPPOSED to play the game, not get mad at it.

Comment

D.E. Had Peavey cabs on Cryptic Writings and Risk You can see one on the back.

Comment

Dave was working for Peavy while he was on the outs with Megadeth. A friend of mine "Jason Harlow" from the old band Damien Black, does alot of media work and talent managment sometimes was doing some rep work for peavy at the time. He said he could could even me an endorcment with peavy if I wanted at the time. And I am nobody.
            But Jason said he was with Peavy then. Just can't remember what capacity it was though. Or I would say exactly.
            An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
            A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Hope you loved my grammer.
              So do you spell your name with one "O" or two Bob? LOL

Comment

Had a couple 8-10 Ampegs..great sounds..moving it always sucked, and a '76 300 all tube SVT. Then the new SVT II when that came out, but getting cabs to work became a real fuss. That's when I switched to Carvins easy 1-18, and 4-10..bi-amped. Neverturned back on that one.

I actually think my old Peavey 3620 (Two 18" black widows, two 10" scorporions) cab was worse. I used with my then new '83 Peavey MAX head with it. That head alone was 100lbs. It was based off a CS800 poweramp and came in a cool facory flight case.

That's why bass players are tough...dammit!

Yeeeesh, had anyone hear DE's Angels of Babylon yet?? His other pathetic attempt of being relevent in that F5 thing was gay. His AOB redeemed him.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have to say that When I worked artist for a ProTech Services on a gig in Florida couple of years back. The bassist with Craig Morgan, "Perry Richardson" had two of those Ampeg 8x10 cabinets in heavy duty road cases (Over kill). They were clean.
                  Turns out he played for a Vegas act I believe plus an old band called Firehouse. His arms had some of the best Giger style tats. Thats a lot of weight to carry in a road case. Thank the Rock Gods for casters.
                  Bassist are tough. No doubt.

Comment

oh wow Firehouse had the #1 hit "Don't treat me bad", and I loved the cheezy rock

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Had a couple 8-10 Ampegs..great sounds..moving it always sucked, and a '76 300 all tube SVT. Then the new SVT II when that came out, but getting cabs to work became a real fuss. That's when I switched to Carvins easy 1-18, and 4-10..bi-amped. Neverturned back on that one.

I actually think my old Peavey 3620 (Two 18" black widows, two 10" scorporions) cab was worse. I used with my then new '83 Peavey MAX head with it. That head alone was 100lbs. It was based off a CS800 poweramp and came in a cool facory flight case.

That's why bass players are tough...dammit!

Yeeeesh, had anyone hear DE's Angels of Babylon yet?? His other pathetic attempt of being relevent in that F5 thing was gay. His AOB redeemed him.
                      Thanks for that, Bill. I was gonna ask if anyone had anything to say about Carvin cabs. I have a 2x12 guitar cab of theirs and love it, and was wondering if I should get their bass cabs as well, or go a more "traditional" route with Fender/Peavey/Ampeg etc.
                      I was specifically interested in either a 2x10 or 4x10 plus a 15 or 18 cab. Since I don't gig, I figure a 2x10 and 15 should do me well enough. I've had a small practice bass amp some years ago (Peavey) but mostly just for bedroom use. Might be looking into miking cabs so having a good cab to use with my Ampeg B25-B head would be nice (when I get it up and going).
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i have used a 4X10 and a horn cab for bass with much success over the years. i used to have a 15 cab to go with it, but the 4X10 was enough on its own....even live. 95% of sound guys will just take a DI off your amp anyway.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I also have used my 4x10 and 1x15 under it for many years with no sound issues. I use a rack rig, but my rack mixer has an adjustable DI out with an xlr or 1/4 and DI to the board is post EQ/effects so what I hear is what they hear
                          I have played with many guitarists who love volume wars, and I was never smothered out by them.

I wish Gibson wouldn't be such nerds and let Jackson build a production tbird again
                          The release dates for the new MII Concerts is slowly getting here, and as soon as someone I know get's one of the new silverburst 5stringers, I'll be over there checking it out because I actually do miss my 92 Ellefson C5.

Comment

The carvin Neo loaded cabs rock okay. They have a heavy duty build version thats worth the extra. They have girth.
                            But you can run those wedge 2x10 monitors pretty effectively also. I have used that in the past, at home and live. I loved the coverage for where I stood.

Comment

I used to use the Peavy bottoms of this PA stack all the time for the 15" drivers in them until I got old and said no more hauling 100+lb cabs around.

Comment

Working...
                              X