My 1986 Charvel 2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1986 Charvel 2B

I haven't seen a post in the Bass section since I joined??
    Figured I at least post something about my 1986 2B Bass..
    My Wife picked this Guitar up for me several years ago as a Christmas Gift..
    We were in a Cash America Pawn & there it was an Old Pearl White 2B Bass marked down to $70 OTD.. I said that's a great Bass for the money..
    Well Christmas morning there was a Bass Guitar with a bow on the neck under the tree.. Thanks Tam..
    The serial # puts the 2B made in 1986 & it has the TM on the headstock & neckplate which also has no gasket..
    I will note it has the pickup covers used on the later Charvel/Jacksons 87/88 on with the Jackson Logo.. See Catalog Scans Below..
    Also about 6 months ago my Son David found this Kramer "The Duke" Bass on Craig's List & talked the guy down to $70 on the phone so we drove on over there & picked it up, It's a short scale & uses Schaller guitar tuners on the body & also has an aluminum neck & is American Made..
    Enjoy All.. WRC..
    Kramer "The Duke" & Charvel 2B Bass Guitars

1986 Charvel Catalog 2B

1988 Charvel Catalog 1B & 2B

well now you have a "first post" in the bass section. What questions do you need answered about it since I'm the bass guru around here for the past few years.
    I can help.

my #1 question is how did the pawn shop NOT know what the thing was worth?
    my #1 answer is GOOD SCORE FOR YOU...lol
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

That very same pawn had a DXMG priced @ $199 the other day??
      I figure that it sat there for a while with no interest & got marked down to cost to move it out..
      I also bought a Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty there 15+ years ago for $400, A steal @ the time that a few years I later sold for $1200..

I have no questions about the 2B being it's not my first Charvel or my last, It works 100% with no issues at all, The Center Pan knob was a bit scratchy till I hosed it out with some Color TV Tuner Lube & that cured that.. The Nut was loose but I filed it smooth on both the nut & neck pocket & reglued with Loctite superglue + I put .105"-.045" strings on the 2B & .095"-.045" short scale strings on the Duke & they both play great..

And for $70ea on these two Basses I really got my moneys worth..
      I'm 45 years old & have been playing for 30+ years..
      Enjoy..

Hope to see a few more post here in the bass section..

Comment

Originally posted by WRC View Post
        Hope to see a few more post here in the bass section..
        <<< ya me 2, I only see new posts when I buy another unit and at this point I am done for the year...lol

for a while I had a white lefty and righty and always thought this picture was cool.

Kinda a bummer that they only made 2b leftys and not 3b neckthru leftys, but oh well

then I got sick of the passive p/j sound and tossed a Kahler/j40/ j2000 in it and hope to play it for many years to come.

Comment

Your Righty Bass needs the fretboard cleaned..
          It's clogged with dead skin..
          That picture of both the RH & LH Bass together is the Cat's Pajamas..

I'll listen to a couple of your videos & see if I can hear the difference in the passive & active pickups..
          BTW You being able to play a RH guitar strung backward as well as a LH is amazing..
          My son David is a Leftie but has always played guitar right handed..

Hey!! We,ve Got The Bass Section Too Ourselves!!

Comment

the test vids are not on youtube, and all those ON youtube are thru the camcorder some with my rig, some into the board...you can hear tonal differences but not as a good A/B compare.

and HAHA that white righty I had is LONG GONE. I only own 1 of each of the righty model series anymore down from 2-3 of each.

if you notice, my black model2 is also an 86 with the normal-p. ( yes it has a model1 neck on it )

Comment

Y

Hey!! We,ve Got The Bass Section Too Ourselves!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkMFLUXTEwM

Comment

Nice to see that you still have skittles Amimbari. Have you played it live yet and what was the response?

Comment

I haven't seen a post in the Bass section since I joined??
                  Figured I at least post something about my 1986 2B Bass..
                  My Wife picked this Guitar up for me several years ago as a Christmas Gift..
                  We were in a Cash America Pawn & there it was an Old Pearl White 2B Bass marked down to $70 OTD.. I said that's a great Bass for the money..
                  Well Christmas morning there was a Bass Guitar with a bow on the neck under the tree.. Thanks Tam..
                  The serial # puts the 2B made in 1986 & it has the TM on the headstock & neckplate which also has no gasket..
                  I will note it has the pickup covers used on the later Charvel/Jacksons 87/88 on with the Jackson Logo.. See Catalog Scans Below..
                  Also about 6 months ago my Son David found this Kramer "The Duke" Bass on Craig's List & talked the guy down to $70 on the phone so we drove on over there & picked it up, It's a short scale & uses Schaller guitar tuners on the body & also has an aluminum neck & is American Made..
                  Enjoy All.. WRC..
                  Kramer "The Duke" & Charvel 2B Bass Guitars

1986 Charvel Catalog 2B

1988 Charvel Catalog 1B & 2B

Nice 2B WRC.....Love them model series Charvels.

Comment

well.....almost to ourselves, but we are for sure the minority on this board.
                    and no Vain, no live anything with that....nice tone, but too dorky looking flipped over.

here's me and my 86 model2 jamming last year BECAUSE I was asked to use it...
                    and here's one using my red model2 with the kramer neck on it

maybe the player, not the bass???

HOWEVER, I did use it for some studio recording. I'll upload the song to soundcloud and PM you the link.
                    Last edited by amimbari; 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Thanks Vain1 The best $70 I ever spent next to that Kramer anyway..
                      The Charvel has more tone with it's longer scale..

Guess we have to share this forum with three guys!!

Comment

$70 for a 2B ?!? Nice score WRC ! Hey Mike what happened with the whitesnake signed Jackson?

Comment

To: fifftytwo
                          Subject: Other: apts3000 sent a message about JACKSON BASS #120810429554
                          Sent Date: 27-Nov-11 21:03:25 EST

Dear fifftytwo,

what the fuck dude, either you have it or you don't I'm thru playing games 2 weeks later. I'm just gonna pay for it with no shipping so ebay stops reminding me, and take it to a claim and hassle your ass and for sure your gonna have your first feedback as negative.

this was a scam from day 1 and I should have realized it.

To: apts3000
                          Subject: Re: Other: apts3000 sent a message about JACKSON BASS #120810429554
                          Sent Date: Nov-29-11 13:02:54 PST

Dear apts3000,

sorry for the late reply.ive deciceded not to sell it . this isnt even close to the price i wanted or can trade it in at my local music shop .sorry

- fifftytwo

so ya I could have paid for it with no shipping, made a claim lost all that time for an item I wasn't gonna get in the first place, so I just had ebay cancel the transaction and call it a day. HE HAS a negative one instead of zero as feedback now from me if you look at his history.

Comment

with its longer scale..

Guess we have to share this forum with three guys!!
                            Fixed your its

-The 4th guy
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I lurk!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X