No announcement yet.

My 1986 Charvel 2B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of 2b's.... if anyone out there sees a lefty in their local guitar store, or CL I'd be very interested.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
      To: fifftytwo
      Subject: Other: apts3000 sent a message about JACKSON BASS #120810429554
      Sent Date: 27-Nov-11 21:03:25 EST

Dear fifftytwo,

what the fuck dude, either you have it or you don't I'm thru playing games 2 weeks later. I'm just gonna pay for it with no shipping so ebay stops reminding me, and take it to a claim and hassle your ass and for sure your gonna have your first feedback as negative.

this was a scam from day 1 and I should have realized it.

To: apts3000
      Subject: Re: Other: apts3000 sent a message about JACKSON BASS #120810429554
      Sent Date: Nov-29-11 13:02:54 PST

Dear apts3000,

sorry for the late reply.ive deciceded not to sell it . this isnt even close to the price i wanted or can trade it in at my local music shop .sorry

- fifftytwo

so ya I could have paid for it with no shipping, made a claim lost all that time for an item I wasn't gonna get in the first place, so I just had ebay cancel the transaction and call it a day. HE HAS a negative one instead of zero as feedback now from me if you look at his history.

WOW! I can't stand people like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vain1 View Post
        WOW! I can't stand people like that.
        Me neither, not that I've bought anything on ebay for years, but they fail to understand that the auction is legally binding. You can't just back out then you feel like it. If you want more, set a higher reserve. Fuggems.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I have bought stuff from zero feedback sellers and never had a problem. I have also bought stuff off users with lots of feedback and had no problems.

Just another dumbfuck in the mix, and although I would have loved to have it, it was not the end of the world, my first bass, something so special I'm dying about it still.....naw...

Still look every day on the various sites for lefty Jackson basses, but I think I bought them all already...hahahah

Comment

speaking of 2b's.... if anyone out there sees a lefty in their local guitar store, or CL I'd be very interested.
            I'll keep an eye out for any Charvel/Jackson Lefty Basses at a good price amimbari..

Comment

thanks WRC, if you, or anyone ever sees the 5string lefty futura they offered in the catalog but I never saw before, I would be very interested to the point of selling off my TBX.

2b's are not common but they are out there since I had 3 of them already ( still have 2 ), and the ultra rare lefty futura I use all the time.
              NO USA one-off's at 4grand either please...hahaha

Comment

Just bought a 86 2B on ebay...a lot more than $70 bucks!! I dont know...I think its worth it. What do you guys think? I paid $480.00.

Its in awesome shape...no fret wear at all...kind of worries me being its a 86???

Comment

ya I saw that and I would have thought about it, but not for 480.00 plus shipping. Sorry just being truthful...
                  I'm not gonna say you got ripped off in any way since it was an "investment" for many years for you to enjoy, but IMHO, yes, 480+shipping was too much.

I like the tweeds and mine holds my Futura lefty for now because they were not molded foam insides to fit specific units like the chainsaws and black squares

I have had about 2 dozen 1,2,and 4b boltons and never ever had an issue beyond scratchy pots that are easily changed if it does happen. Remember most of these units surfacing now a days were units bought a long time ago, played on for a couple years and were thrown in the closet for 20 more years only to have the 40 and 50 somethings selling them off now as clean, no wear, no dings.

Comment

Yea..thats what I thought...I'm really OK with it though. Thanks for the truth. My first Jackson/Charvel Bass guitar really and I got a little excited when I saw it. I've been looking for one for a while now... I've seen a few for $200 to $300 on the east coast but they get bought up fast. I'm a big fan of the Jap factories..I have a DK2 and a Pro Warrior. I also have a DK1 but funny thing is the DK2 is better!! Any way thanks for the reply and lets hope our old school axe's go through the roof one day

Comment

the real deal is not about overpaying or getting the deal of the century, because if you couldn't afford it in the first place you would have let it pass and perhaps the 200 dollar one you found in the future would have been cheap yes, but nicked scratched etc and although it would sound the same, it would not be to you if your goal was to find some superclean units.

I paid 300 for my white lefty 2b, then modded the shit out of it because I wanted it to be my main player and it is, so I'll never get anything for it except to someone who wants it as-is, and a little over 100 for my black lefty, but the 100.00 unit is beat up pretty much and looks like hell close up. I just sold off my champagnemist 2b for close to 400 with the case, but again, it was a lefty and there aren't too many of those around.
                      All my rightys can be played because I can play inverted strings, but all 9 of them have sat in their cases so long. I only take them out for pics or to check the batteries... ( On TB, they would say "what a waste" )

I hope 3b's goes thru the roof, so I can sell off my tri-color crackle and if someone offered me the right price for my Jackson TBX, it would also be sold.

Comment

and if someone offered me the right price for my Jackson TBX, it would also be sold.
                        And what is the right price?

Comment

hahah well the right price could be free if someone finds me a lefty 5string futura....

Comment

Nice score on the Mint 2B thelocustman..
                            It does look to be 95% with zero fret wear..
                            I notice it has the gasket under the neck plate, they didn't start that until 1987 according to the Charvel Import Index Page.

These 86-88 2Bs are made from Poplar & are much nicer than most anyone gives credit for..
                            The hardware is quite decent & I have had zero trouble from mine other than a scratchy center pan pot, which some tuner lube healed right up & a loose nut that just needed reset & reglued..

And amimbari that Tri-Colored Crackle 3B will be mine if I ever come across a 5 string lefty futura bass..
                            My local Music Go Round & Craigs List gets checked every few days..

Comment

poplar is not basswood and it is heavy.
                              1 and 2b.s are the older heavier body with the fatter horns. the 4b's are the different body although poplar still are lighter. poplar was used in quite a lot of other jacksons thru the 90's as well as many other companies.

my 2b with the kahler is 11lbs "almost" as heavy as my TBX @13 which is poplar with a maple NT center.

excellent hard wood not easily damaged, but I would never use it for the "natural" look, no grain and kinda ugly greenish tint to it.

and I took the 3b out of the case last night to see if the battery was still alive after almost 9 months of not playing it...yep still 8.2v and works 100%

EDIT: all my models have gaskets even the 2 86's I have.
                              Last edited by amimbari; 12-16-2011, 10:58 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

My 86 2B doesn't have the gasket it's serial #236260
                                All the other Charvel 6 string guitars I've had all had the polymer gasket..

Your 3B Tri-Color Crackle is very cool, I've seen a few guitars like that in person but never a bass..

Glad to finally get a few post here in the bass section of JCF..
                                Last edited by WRC; 12-16-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X