Price Check on Charvel 3B in purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Check on Charvel 3B in purple

I may pick up a Charvel 3B 4 string in Purple. What range of pricing would be fair for one in good condition? There's one on the auction site for $629. Is this a fair price?

3B's are going up in price from what I've seen lately. The nice condition basses have been hitting $450 from what I have seen recently. Five years ago you could get one in great condition for $250 or so. I have 3 3B's and frequently monitor the prices. $500 would be my limit and it would have to be like new with a Charvel hard shell case in just as good condition.

Comment

Thanx for the help on the bass price.

Comment

Originally posted by Vain1 View Post
        Five years ago you could get one in great condition for $250 or so. .
        ya...I miss those days
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
          ya...I miss those days
          me too! i may have to sell a few if they get much higher! lol
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

hell that red one just sold for 561.00, and that is just amazing.

and your right Rob, it's no fun to keep a storefull of these things anymore. I'm ready to get rid of almost everything I don't use anymore and have been sitting in cases forever. I was asked to trade my Lefty Kramer F3 NT to someone who wants to trade me for another lefty 2b, but I still have 2 of them so I might just pass and say cash only.

When I got your crackle I would have kept it but then the tri-color one came around I sold it for that unit.
            I do watch daily/weekly whatever and the boltons and even the Charvettes are getting pricy, but the NT's are going nutz lately.

Now on the other hand, there are some that the sellers have WAY too high and will never get rid of them ( that blue one has been there for a good 4-5 months ) somebody must have let out the secret that the pre-Fender Jacksons are as valuable as the pre-CBS Fenders?

All I can say is if you all see a 1b,2b,4b, and a couple others all from the same seller (me), you'll know they are all going bye-bye.

Comment

i hear ya mike, my main bass is the black khaler i traded you for the fire crackle! i love that bass but i think i may throw some emgs in it
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

if you do use the bass/treb on a stackpot so you can have the EQ controls and not just tone only. I'm with you Rob, I have used my white one for almost 2 years as the main... I did get a Futura and used it here and there and a couple of my other leftys, but between my passive black 2b and the p/HB/kahlered preamped white one..hell I'm very content.

What is very disheartening is the new JS3 is nothing more than an Indian CMG, and sadly all the folks who think they are gonna get 500+ for a CMG anymore are SOL when you can buy the same thing brand new with a warranty and return policy for less than 400.

AND THEY ARE lighter.

Comment

Working...
                X