Just picked up a Fusion V project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up a Fusion V project...

Howdy again. Just picked up a Charvel Fusion V off Craigslist for 75 bucks! It's gutted and had a couple bridge saddles missing and is checked up pretty good however it's structurally sound and the neck is straight as an arrow. I thought that I was going to have to pick up a new bridge as well as electronics but a quick email to Dr Lars at schaller(the oem bridge mfr)and a couple weeks later, new saddles and parts to basically overhaul the whole bridge(intonation bolts/springs, action bolts, a bunch of picks and stickers all for free!!!! Way to go Germany!!!! So now I'm trying to source the guts. What pick ups work best for these Jackson 5 strings with a p/j combo? Would like to try to get the oem duel rails if anyone has a lead.
    Last edited by Darksidevader; 02-19-2013, 09:20 AM.

Fusion V?

"Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Yup a Fusion 5. Here it is. dark greenish metallic
      Last edited by Darksidevader; 02-19-2013, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Heh, I ve got the same bass. Mine is white though. The factory setup is an active circuit.

Comment

let me tell you what you got...... 75 bucks worth of HOLY SHIT it will cost a lot more to put it back together.

why?

The Joe Barden dualrails if bought new are 300 if you are lucky, but any Dimarzio dualrail will work.
          YES the Fusion5 and Elim5 are routed as 4string pickup size:

The funky Schaller bridge they used on them to replace is a good 100
          The preamp is a standard J2000 which is about 50bucks complete with pots.

so honestly, what do you want to spend, and I'll raid my parts bin.... OEM Jackson pickups, a j2000, and a wilkinson 5string bridge that would work...eh, maybe 100 total which is what I would do.
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Well like I said the bridge is now a non-issue thanks to the awesome folks at Schaller! I cant say enough good stuff about Schaller. Never have i had a company been so helpful regarding a product i didnt even buy and then to not only send me the parts i needed but all of the other parts for free from accross the world, just awesome! You can see the bridge before and after in the pics. It's complete now. I think that since the pickups are standard 4 string fair, I might just go with Emgs if I go new. I like the Dimarzios but I only saw them in white on the website and I didn't see a duel rail jazz on there. Only the P. I might be interested in your pickups and wiring though. That sounds like a deal to me. Know where I can pick up a molded chainsaw hard case? Lol
            Last edited by Darksidevader; 02-19-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I have a black dualrail DiMarZio in one of my parts basses.

and I also have an OEM BArden dualrail-J I never used.

however, nothing wrong with EMG's with the 2band EQ to fill the 4 pot holes
              the j2000 I think I still have a couple in the bag of preamps.

and a case, they are always on ebay, in fact there's like 3 of them out there this week if the prices don't go thru the roof.

Comment

Thanks man. Funny story about this bass. I saw it online 2 years ago and thought that I had a deal to come and get it. Well I didn't want to bug the guy so I waited a few days to follow up on my offer. 100 bucks and abou an hour and a half drive. Well someone else got it. Disappointed, I moved on. Fast forward 2 years and last month I made a deal to trade my AC bxp for an ibanez 5 string. Well I walked down into the guys basement and there she was. I imediatly recognized it and he asked if I was the other guy that was interested in it when he went and picked it up. Anyway we swapped the basses and I picked up the fusion as well. It was kinda like fate, I had to get it. I may go the cost effective route and pick up the Jackson pick ups and pre and stuff from you just to get her goin on the cheap. I'll pm you within a couple of days and well work it outz

Comment

i think the fusion5 and eliminator already had the body routes cut for 4string then they said "lets make it a 5'er"

but sure, let's talk about potential parts swaps when you are ready.

Comment

id put emgs just like it is!
                    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

mike, pm bout the humbuckker!
                      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

there is a Fusion4 on ebay this week, but the 5 is the shiznitt.

I couldn't pass on a ultra-cheap Eliminator4 so ya I bought it...

Comment

There' another elim on there now for no reserve with Emgs. Will be interesting to see what it goes for as well as those fusions. There's also a weird Jackson pbass on there that I've never seen before.

Comment

yep that other elim, and the fusion both blue...lol
                            the one I picked up is a 90 - C000855

also, that p-bass is just a faker..the logo is painted on.

Last edited by amimbari; 03-03-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

You can't beat for $75 bucks!!!
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X