No announcement yet.

Just picked up a Fusion V project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leftykingV -- where in Pittsburgh are you...?
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Nice project. Have you checked out the Lace Alumitones? They would work fine on that bass. Add an Alembic pre or Aguilar and you would sound like tits. Nice
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Well I finally got around to making this bass serviceable. I went with some period correct Emgs for a deal and had it all setup at twin town guitars in south minneapolis. The techs did and outstanding job and everything is neat and tidy. There is a dummy pot in there for now as I just have the standard emg vol/vol/tone setup until I can grab a preamp. That being said, this thing sounds great! Classic smooth emg sound. No noise, no scratchy pots, just awesome! Plays fantastic as well. I'm amazed with how thin this painted neck is and feels! Pics to come

\

Last edited by Darksidevader; 11-07-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

a little less crowded in the control area without an additional j2000 board in there ..lol
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Lol no doubt! The emg bqc or btc preamps are quite compact as well. The main reason i went wit the Emgs was I didn't want a miss matched pole type p pickup and I wanted an active setup. I didn't want to have to shell out for bardons and a seperate preamp to get it sounding nice. So the 55 bucks for the Emgs with all the hardware was well spent! Plus they're not all new and shiny so it looks like a player and that they've been in there since back in the day. Now I just need a cavity cover and another black knob and I think this beast is wrapped up for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X