EMG Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Question

Alright, I'm wanting to get my Warmoth Frankenstein back up to par. and want to know what's the pros/coms of 18V vs 9V. I have a p/j EMG pups in a mutt. It has a sweet Warmoth maple neck with real MOP and explorer headstock with a jazz nut width with a hip-shot and Schaller roller bridge. how would you guys wire it and why? thanks!
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

For a bass, I'd positively "think" 18v would be better. But I'm not a bassist.

Comment

18 volts seemed too "clean" up my 81, I ditched it because of other issues with my old 5150... but you can buy simple battery splitters on ebay for cheap... I would try it out.

Simple and cheap mod easily reversible... that is if you have enough room in the body cavity.
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

thanks man, the headroom is good for bass but never heard or even know some that had a bass set like that. as for the cavity it will fit... Barely! and I mean barely! lol I think it's an old kramer body but don't know. it had charvel pups and only saw the front on ebay, so I bought it for 40 and after 450 as it is now! a project that got outta hand!

Comment

with mine it makes it NOT sound compressed when using 2 batteries if i turn the bass boost up but if I turn the bass knob back to 50% so there is no boost and use the 9/18volt compare nothing changes.
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            with mine it makes it NOT sound compressed when using 2 batteries if i turn the bass boost up but if I turn the bass knob back to 50% so there is no boost and use the 9/18volt compare nothing changes.
            English man, english! Lol so are you saying if i want to bass boost i should 18v?

Comment

ok lets try again. 9vt. turn the bass up and it sounds compressed, 18vt turn up the bass boost and it just adds more bass and dont drop in volume.
              ( this is with the j2000 ) my 9vt EMG'ed tbird does the same thing...50% on the bass is cool 100% it just muffles the tone and sounds compressed.
              http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

ok thanks my friend!

Comment

Working...
                X