What is a "Grover Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a "Grover Jackson?

Has anyone seen this bass or does anyone know anything about the name on the headstock? I seem to remember this being sold on ebay a little while back...

I'm thinking about buying it but I'm wondering if it's a import or USA and what vintage it is...????

Made in Japan for the Japanese market.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hence the "Grover Jackson" name on the headstock instead of just "Jackson"?

Comment

Yeah, something about just the Jackson name couldn't be used in Japan for some reason.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the info...anybody have an idea as to market value on this?

Comment

$700 for a neckthrough Kelly bass is a smokin deal.

The Grover Jackson models later became the JacksonStars line, which are equal at least to the current neckthrough Jackson Pros in terms of quality, but with more features than most of the neckthrough Pros (binding, 24 fret RRs, Schaller Floyds, etc), since they were limited to the Japanese market.

The Grover Jackson series became the lower-end models like our JS and XT series - all bolt on, cheaper hardware, etc etc.

However, this bass is from the older GJ series when they were still high quality.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The seller emailed me that the bass was US made for the Japanese market...sounds like he is a little confused.

I'm trying to remember...did RobL sell that bass a while back?

Thanks again for all the info!!!!

Comment

I jave heard from a reliable source (who asked to remain anonymous) that "some of the JacksonStars models were made in the USA and finished in Japan, and some were made in Japan and finished in the USA"
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Interesting....

Comment

here's a bit of history of grover jackson and Jackson Stars

Comment

See a lot of these Grover Jacksons on Russian CHAT sites, maybe more common there...had a student translate for me...pretty much the same as JCF info.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the resurrect, anyone know what happened to this bass?

Comment

although it was sold already, I loved this line from the AD:

HERE IT IS FOLKS!! This is one of the rarest JACKSON basses you'll ever see! <<<<

but one of the rarest? naw, I would say the TBX and Futura beat that Kelly hands down for rarity for production models of the day. either way, 610.00 for that thing was a "STEAL"
                          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

That's the thing, amimbari...they're so rare that you never see them
                            From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Working...
                            X