Neck thru J/C bass..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck thru J/C bass..

Now for starters these are rare.. and I live in the UK. I have been searching everywhere for ages now and have seen none. but while im waitung does anybody want to share piccys of thiers with me? or even sell? If not a neck thru then definatly a USA made monster. Gorgeous instruments.

p.s im Reene, new to the forum, not new to playing bass hard fast and angry just like it should be on my non-existant J/C bass

Cheers guys.

welcome! there's a few bass players here but not many. i have bought several charvels on the evil bay. the model series( the ones with the guitar logo) are just as good in build quailty as usa jacksons, imo ! i have 3 usa sandimas jacksons, well 2 really and a 1 san dimas plated custom shop bolt on. some off mine are in tha gallery. cheers, robert btw the fire crackle in the gallery is better looking in person!
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

reene, i just got a bolt on charvel model 2b with a kahler trem in excellent condition from a forum member. check the thread in the bass section. great guys on here. he just delievered it here to my work today!
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

yeah 2b's come up every now and then. i look at them wantingly but i know i'm after a neck thru//usa J/C. i dont know what it is.. I currently play a '76 Gibson Ripper, beautiful instrument nice and growly.. but yeh lusting after a 3b or somehitng really.

oh an the firecraxkles do look pretty darn cool

reene x

Comment

I'm not sure what to tell you, Reene. It's a combination of keeping an eye out and luck. I'm not sure what it's like over there, but in the States, it's a matter of looking through pawn shops and guitar shops and, if you're up to it, the 'Bay. But that's not for everyone.

Apparently this forum is a cool place to hook up with buyers/sellers of J/C lovliness, which I think is just spiffy
          From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

yeah i know it's hard. I look through the pawn shops.. but there are two in like a 20 mile radius. one of which is selling a toothpaste neck thru charvel guitar in like a bright slime green for £850.. bout $1500/1600. so i laughed and left.

Cheers guys i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled and my wallet full for any oppertunity.

Reene

Comment

GOOD neck-thru JC basses are just plain hard to find. I have been looking for another TBX neckthru, but it just is not happening due to the rarity, and the people who do have them still won't part with them ( including ME ): the last one I saw for sale "shark" a fellow JCF member bought it before I could. ( I didn't cut the other 2 out of the picture, cause all of you know which one I'm talking about )

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

the really really gorgeous on with the mean looking headstock.. beautiful, a tbx would be amazing to fnd but even my hopes arent that high.

reene

Comment

Originally posted by Reene View Post
                  yeah i know it's hard. I look through the pawn shops.. but there are two in like a 20 mile radius. one of which is selling a toothpaste neck thru charvel guitar in like a bright slime green for £850.. bout $1500/1600. so i laughed and left.

Cheers guys i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled and my wallet full for any oppertunity.

Reene
                  SLIME GREEN EH? FOR 1600.00$US--WAS IT THE SAME COLOR AS THIS ONE ON THE LEFT?: That's what SHARK paid for that one when I couldn't bid any higher so now he is the one with a "pair of Jacksonbirds".

I am very happy with my absolute perfect Gibson Clone in the picture before this post, ( the Dillion on the right ) but THE HUGE paddle headstock is RETARDED and UGLY.

Like you, perhaps in the future someone somewhere will sell a neckthru C/J, TBX or not, and I will add another rare piece of Jackson History to my family.

Comment

nah not that colour.. was plain. and nice i really like the green sparkle.. in other news i have just started to make my own bass. all mahogany, cos it was free wood.

Reene

Comment

Guys, just seeeeenn

any good, i like it. whats the price like?

Reene

Comment

Price seems right to me, but then I don't go by market value (read: popularity), I go by quality. Jackson neckthrough graphic basses are worth $1000 at minimum in playable condition in my opinion.

That said, this has only the P-bass setup, unless there's a piezo under the bridge. Judging by the three knobs, which makes no sense for a P-bass pickup (Volume, Tone, and...?), I'd say it's likely to have the piezo.

Those are rare, BUT they also cannot handle bass freqs very long - they break from the vibrations.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This is defintely a cool looking bass guitar. I like it.

André

Comment

Originally posted by shark View Post
                            This is defintely a cool looking bass guitar. I like it.

André

hey andre, long time no post...you see I'm the one showing the masses your "pair", and your KW...lololol ( and I ALWAYS say your name when posting YOUR picture )

Comment

There is a red neck-thru (Japan) on the bay right now.....

Comment

Working...
                              X