Neck thru J/C bass..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tito Jackson View Post
    There is a red neck-thru (Japan) on the bay right now.....
    an older Charvel, 3B looks in good condition. I wonder what it's final value will be? probably 300 or so... 3B's are not too rare, and red? who knows someone may like it.
    If the day comes that ANYONE is selling a Futura, or a TBX, I'll be looking at my c.card balance for sure
    Last edited by amimbari; 09-28-2008, 10:32 PM.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I saw a white neck thru Charvel bass in a pawn shop last week end while at metalhead28's home town.Could have bought it for $300.00 but no hard case and he wouldn't budge on the price.
      Not sure what model it was but it was cool.Old guitar shaped logo binding on the neck and headstock if that helps to ID it.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Tito Jackson View Post
        There is a red neck-thru (Japan) on the bay right now.....
        I bought it Tito, noone else bid on it so I did towards the end and got it for 200. I'll have it in a few days, and post some pics.

Comment

Amimbari's new Bass. I sold it to him. Can't believe it only went for 200 bucks. That really blew (LOL).

Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
            Amimbari's new Bass. I sold it to him. Can't believe it only went for 200 bucks. That really blew (LOL).

just like on talkbass you never know who's screenname is on EBAY---- I'm glad it was someone from here...

ya I'm not complaining, cause I'm not gonna flip it even though I could get more.. but damn, noone else was bidding on a 3B in good condition? amazing.. it will make another fine addition next to my TBX too bad it isnt black....... ( I have actually been looking for a Futura Pro), but yours didnt need to say Jackson on the head to be one to me. The funny thing was I thought was going to be a lot higher than 200, I saw a damn Futura online, but it is an EX with a bolt on, and I didn't want it even though the seller swapped the pups to EMG's
            p.s. you spoiled the picture posting that I WAS GONNA DO -- I forgive you --, but I sure will post the hell out of it on talkbass, and show the FenderFreaks another Fine J/C bass since sometimes I wonder why that site was not called talkfenderbass.com.

thanks again, and when it arrives you can be sure I'll be posting a new youtube video with it to show it off cause our band has no shows till the last 2 weeks of october

Comment

damn i missed that one. i would have bid on it! congrats!
              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

hey peabuddy, I'm sure you been scrolling thru the bay..did you see the rainbow 3B?... and damn, a lot of bids on that crazy crackle tri colored Charvel Gem...... I cant see even blowing up the pic if the guy changed the J2000 to EMG's but it's just I'm not into the crackle, solid color or not...

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                  hey peabuddy, I'm sure you been scrolling thru the bay..did you see the rainbow 3B?... and damn, a lot of bids on that crazy crackle tri colored Charvel Gem...... I cant see even blowing up the pic if the guy changed the J2000 to EMG's but it's just I'm not into the crackle, solid color or not...
                  yea i did see that one. i would do the BIN if homeowners wasn't due! lol you know, i back and forth over prefering emgs or the j2000. but of late i'm playing the 2b i got from jdr94 with just passive pups. as for the crackle paint, i like 'em! lol i have a fire crackle 3b with j2000

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                    yea i did see that one. i would do the BIN if homeowners wasn't due! lol you know, i back and forth over prefering emgs or the j2000. but of late i'm playing the 2b i got from jdr94 with just passive pups. as for the crackle paint, i like 'em! lol i have a fire crackle 3b with j2000
                    see somehow I knew you liked crackle finishes...what color is yours?

Comment

mine is what i have always heard called fire crackle. it's in the gallery but looks way better in person check the pics on my myspace page it's on there too

Comment

mine is what i have always heard called fire crackle. it's in the gallery but looks way better in person check the pics on my myspace page it's on there too
                        to hell with that firecrackle.. I WANT your KELLY bass with the Trem!!!!

I was very tempted to buy a KB1 right before I got my TBX, but something told me if the TBX was dealer order only, it would be one of those Jackson's that would be a rarity in the future ( I was right ), plus the Kelly was a little uncomfortable to me compared to a Tbird body, so the TBX won out, even though it was 1000 more than a Kelly back in the day.

Comment

ha ha i hear ya ! i got that from robl here on the forum and it's an 85 san dimas. it originally belonged to Matt Thor of rough cutt. it has only one little nick and has deep purple bevels. it is a refinish though. but to be honest,i don't like playing it. the body is so cut so low near the p pup that it still feels strange. i play concert basses. did you see the bolt custom shop with the kahler? the one with the chains on it? that beast is so fucking heavy it makes my shoulder hurt after a 45 min set! lol

Comment

ha ha i hear ya ! i got that from robl here on the forum and it's an 85 san dimas. it originally belonged to Matt Thor of rough cutt. it has only one little nick and has deep purple bevels. it is a refinish though. but to be honest,i don't like playing it. the body is so cut so low near the p pup that it still feels strange. i play concert basses. did you see the bolt custom shop with the kahler? the one with the chains on it? that beast is so fucking heavy it makes my shoulder hurt after a 45 min set! lol
                            oh ya i saw em all...heavy? my damn TBX is heavy 15-1/2lbs heavy, and although it does not hurt the shoulder during the sets, the next day I do know there was something there. The only time I won't play it is when we do a summer outdoor show where I have no shirt on so I don't sweat all over it..to hell with that red stripe on my skin...lol I use my 3" padded strap on those days, when I absolutely positively have to play it under those conditions.
                            Last edited by amimbari; 10-01-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

oops they may not allow swearing, sorry admins! well i'm pushing 45 so everything hurts after a good 45 min set ! lol

Comment

oops they may not allow swearing, sorry admins! well i'm pushing 45 so everything hurts after a good 45 min set ! lol
                                ya I edited mine just in case..... and 45 hahah your a youngbuck, I'm 48. I LOVED my Peavy T-40 just cause it was heavy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X