3b electronics help pleeeease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b electronics help pleeeease

hello eveyone i was wonder if anyone would know where to get a wiring diagram for the 3bass bass.i bought the electronics out of one on ebay silly me , i didnt know what i was getting into .ive looked alot of places on the net and havent found one yet i did find a picture though on this forum from throbgod 13 in an 2007 post. the set up looks almost identical to the pic exept the j pup i got is an old emg. there are 5 wires coming off the preamp circuit board.(if i wired it wrong could it screw anything up permanetly or just not work?) any help would be appreciated thanks

J/CForum member "Amibari" should be your guy. Sorry Amibari. But he knows this stuff cold.
    Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
    98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Here are the diagrams from the electronics manual:

no idea how the EMG would work (or if it can work) with the JE-2000

Comment

thanks alot guys i will look into it

Comment

wow thats website has a bunch of good info thanks ....yea im not sure about the emg j pup it has a red wire and a white wire with a shielding mesh on top then more white .Anybody no about these older emgs?

Comment

Originally posted by 85 San Dimas View Post
            J/CForum member "Amibari" should be your guy. Sorry Amibari. But he knows this stuff cold.
            haha G. it's amiMbari, and I have the EMG wiring stuff for brand new installs if that will help B.B.Wolf.

85 SunDufas is correct...I do have a 3B still with the unmolested J2000's in it, and if you need me to take the cover off the back and look, and take some really close pics...just let me know what you need.

I will also grab the EMG wiring diagrams if I can find them for you.

actually..... heres the same page I d/l the pdf's from....

Last edited by amimbari; 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM.
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

thanks amimbari i will let you know. i gonna c if i can go off that audiozonedk site from dg , it has alot of good stuff on there . im suprised it didnt come up on all the charvel/jackson searches i did. im not so sure if the new emg wiring is gonna help . ive seen there web site.doesnt the new stuff comes with connectors you plug into the pups. this j pup just has a couple of wires. i always thought that white was the hot wire but the red im not so sure about.

Comment

now that i look at that emg site a little closer i guess it is still the same principal stuff i need, just minus the connectors. First time at messin with the electronics . i just hope the dam things works.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadwolf View Post
                  thanks amimbari i will let you know. i gonna c if i can go off that audiozonedk site from dg , it has alot of good stuff on there . im suprised it didnt come up on all the charvel/jackson searches i did. im not so sure if the new emg wiring is gonna help . ive seen there web site.doesnt the new stuff comes with connectors you plug into the pups. this j pup just has a couple of wires. i always thought that white was the hot wire but the red im not so sure about.
                  must be a really old emg with no quick disconnect on it, but white is usually pickup output, and red is voltage from the battery to the guitar jack.

check the pdf pages on the emg site, that's what I'm looking at right now....

Comment

sorry, i cant delete my previous post, cause i see you found it.

p.s. why change the j2000 out?, however if you are, does yours say charvel on them or jackson, i'm looking to buy a j2000 set that says charvel ( my 87 came with jackson branded housings )

and 85sandimas said I would know, cause HE SOLD ME his 3B...lol ( and I've already had it apart to see what a J2000 was all about ).....

Comment

just one of those duh? moments those come up every now and then

Comment

well im gonna try and put the set in a c-20 with passives i had for a while . the p-set says jackson on them. dont have a 3b would like to find one though. i did c a jackson in a pawn shop not sure what kind it was but had the girth of a 3b ,it said jackson profressional on the head stock, and had emg pj set up ,119.00 bucks . cant hardly pass that up

Comment

the duh moments were mine about the emg stuff by the way just to clarify

Comment

well im gonna try and put the set in a c-20 with passives i had for a while . the p-set says jackson on them. dont have a 3b would like to find one though. i did c a jackson in a pawn shop not sure what kind it was but had the girth of a 3b ,it said jackson profressional on the head stock, and had emg pj set up ,119.00 bucks . cant hardly pass that up
                            probably a concert-pro....

3b would say charvel on it...
                            2b = same unit but a bolt on....
                            Last edited by amimbari; 11-06-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

wow thats website has a bunch of good info thanks ....yea im not sure about the emg j pup it has a red wire and a white wire with a shielding mesh on top then more white .Anybody no about these older emgs?
                              pretty sure emgs WILL NOT work with the j2000 electronics. any passive pup should work. the red wire is for battery power to the emg. hope this helps.
                              The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                              X