Just scored a Jackson Concert V for $325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just scored a Jackson Concert V for $325

And damn am I stoked! I got a Charvel Fusion V back in May and it's awesome, and I always wanted a Concert V, and I was dicking around on ebay and boom - $325 buy it now -click!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250320137961

I'm a whore!

EDIT: And it's a Professional, too! Blow me!
    Last edited by varador; 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM.

Sweet i was watching that, i got my Concert V on ebay last year by it now for $335

Comment

Of course it's a Professional, there never was any other Concert V model aside from the Professional.

Congrats, those are sweet. It's got the Kahler bridge, too. You can set the string spacing on those. I keep mine fairly close together to make fingerpicking super smooth.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jackson-japan is the shizznit!

ya I was watching that one also, congrats. I already have enough basses, and didn't want to "just buy it", for the sake of having another 5 stringer , pro or not.

great price, and hope it arrives 100% when you get it...

I'm still out here looking for a Futura or a CMG for the right price, and hopefully someday, that will be my next one.

Varador....Did you ever see a Jackson TBX-Pro before?
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

@amimbari: Nop, haven't ever seen a Jackson TBX-Pro, I'm excited enough as it is about scoring a Concert V, ask me in a couple years once I get tired of the Concert V or something... Hah I'll be nicknamed Dave Junior (Ellefson) left and right... Can't go wrong playing thrash metal with a Concert V! Yeah baby!

Comment

Originally posted by varador View Post
            @amimbari: Nop, haven't ever seen a Jackson TBX-Pro, I'm excited enough as it is about scoring a Concert V, ask me in a couple years once I get tired of the Concert V or something... Hah I'll be nicknamed Dave Junior (Ellefson) left and right... Can't go wrong playing thrash metal with a Concert V! Yeah baby!
            Ellefson's 92 Jackson customBird was the first inkling that Jackson should try to mass produce them, and it failed fortunatly for the very few who bought them when Jackson put them into production in 94 ( the only year it was made ),when JacksonJapan made the FB series guitar and bass, they just called the bass TBX.

I have a 87 Charvel 3B, a nice predecessor to the Concert4.

sorry for the shameful picture post, but the TBX is not something a lot of people see, or know about....the one on the right in the picture is an equally rare Dillion TBird bass.

Comment

Originally posted by varador View Post
              And damn am I stoked! I got a Charvel Fusion V back in May and it's awesome, and I always wanted a Concert V, and I was dicking around on ebay and boom - $325 buy it now -click!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250320137961

I'm a whore!

EDIT: And it's a Professional, too! Blow me!
              Cool score!

Congrats! Enjoy.

André

Comment

Man, those basses are GAWJUSS!
                Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Originally posted by scott.court View Post
                  Man, those basses are GAWJUSS!
                  thanks, only the one in the middle counts

there's a couple good threads that the bassfolks talk in the "post to the gallery one" is the most talkative and I have the rest of my C/J flock pics in there as well as other members units between the talkative threads. come enjoy some other peoples C/J pride and joy(s).

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                    thanks, only the one in the middle counts

there's a couple good threads that the bassfolks talk in the "post to the gallery one" is the most talkative and I have the rest of my C/J flock pics in there as well as other members units between the talkative threads. come enjoy some other peoples C/J pride and joy(s).
                    Hear, hear! We have some pretty cool stuff, too...even if we are bassists!
                    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Nice Score for sure, and that TBX is awesome, never seen one nope, unless did Nikki Sixx played one at one time?

Comment

I started out a bass player, but defected to the dark side, though I still have my crappy little Fender Precision copy lmao
                        Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                          Nice Score for sure, and that TBX is awesome, never seen one nope, unless did Nikki Sixx played one at one time?
                          He played on a Spector version, and between that and Dave Ellefson playing his Jackson Tbird customs, I knew I didn't want a Gibson. The Spector was not available at that moment in time, Fernandes was only making the non-reverse style, and the Jackson was a pointyhead, so Jackson it was.

I almost bought a Kelly-pro (KBX), but I wanted a neckthru, so I ordered it out of the catalog, and 3 weeks later I had it.....

who knew the FB series would be a failure on Jacksons part, and it would become an overnight rarity. only 4-5 left in the world from the good-ole Jackson-Japan "professional" days.....

anymore it is just a collectible since I have other basses to play anyway.

(insert shameless bass picture here ) --

the misfits are a Matsumoku JazzClone, and a Dillion VMB500 ash over maple MM StingrayClone

go sift thru my videos, you'll see me playing it many times, as well as all my other basses. my song selections are from speedmetal to motown...from pop to cartoon theme songs and everything in between.

youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Again, some sexy basses there. Official jealousy has set in!

Comment

Originally posted by scott.court View Post
                              Again, some sexy basses there. Official jealousy has set in!
                              jealousy? .... I would consider what I have a "poor man's collection" because that whole lineup isn't even worth as much as my one TBX, and certainly not worth anything compared to many people's REAL collectibles of rare C/J guitars/basses that I've seen...
                              just like the FenderFreaks who like to own a bunch of Jazz or Presision basses from different years for the different tones and subtle cosmetic/electronic differences. Am I one of those "InSearchOfThePerfectTone" weirdo's??? no, but when I am called upon to record with this or that sound, and between all of them, they do what is necessary to please the engineers.

honestly, I like the hockeystick headstocks better, but to find a bunch of Kramer/Hamer/Esp/Ibanez basses that look similar is hard and expensive.

So with the Charvel's they are relatively cheap, because for me to collect Concert's from the various years would be 3 times the cost. ( and 2x prettier with the triangle inlays )

Comment

Working...
                              X