fretless/neckthrough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fretless/neckthrough?

I'm wondering has Jackson ever made fretless neckthrough bassess?
    -b
    www.quovadis.qc.ca
    www.bartfrydrychowicz.com

No fretless basses, not sure about neckthru on production models. None on the current list I like the idea of having a Warrior bass, but it's Custom Shop only.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Hmmm would it be possibl to get a fretless through the custom shop?
      www.quovadis.qc.ca
      www.bartfrydrychowicz.com

Comment

A good friend of mine has a Charvel Bass not sure of the model, but it had a pointy headstock and it was a root beer color.
        He removed the frets and converted it to a fretless. I know that he added wood strips in the fret slots to fill the holes and to mark the fret locations.

It was a bolt on neck also, and I'm not sure if he had to shim the neck or raise the action or anything else.
        I can say that it was a nice player and it was almost like it was meant to be a fretless.

So I guess that could be an option for you?
        I'd imagine also, that the custom shop would be able to provide you with anything you need.
        I would tend to think that bass players can get away with alot more in that respect.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
          A good friend of mine has a Charvel Bass not sure of the model, but it had a pointy headstock and it was a root beer color.
          He removed the frets and converted it to a fretless. I know that he added wood strips in the fret slots to fill the holes and to mark the fret locations.

It was a bolt on neck also, and I'm not sure if he had to shim the neck or raise the action or anything else.
          I can say that it was a nice player and it was almost like it was meant to be a fretless.

So I guess that could be an option for you?
          I'd imagine also, that the custom shop would be able to provide you with anything you need.
          I would tend to think that bass players can get away with alot more in that respect.
          i have a 3b neck thru charvel that has been converted the same way. this one has black lines where the frets were, not sure what they used for filler.
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
            i have a 3b neck thru charvel that has been converted the same way. this one has black lines where the frets were, not sure what they used for filler.
            I never knew you converted your 3B to fretless, maybe "someday" I'll have that done to my 3B also, since yours was a success story.....

( just not tomorrow )
            http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
              I never knew you converted your 3B to fretless, maybe "someday" I'll have that done to my 3B also, since yours was a success story.....

( just not tomorrow )
              i bought that 3b that way. i really bought it for the emg pups and hardware . i don't know how to play a fretless! lol whoever made it fretless did a good job.

Comment

i bought that 3b that way. i really bought it for the emg pups and hardware . i don't know how to play a fretless! lol whoever made it fretless did a good job.
                awesome, well then you got what you wanted, and even though like me you may never really use a fretless, it IS a conversation piece, and since it was done correctly, you can always sell it to our fretless playing brothers ( and sisters ) sometime in the future.

Comment

awesome, well then you got what you wanted, and even though like me you may never really use a fretless, it IS a conversation piece, and since it was done correctly, you can always sell it to our fretless playing brothers ( and sisters ) sometime in the future.
                  i'd like to sell it! lol

Comment

i'd like to sell it! lol
                    is it red like mine?

Comment

is it red like mine?
                      sorry, black cherry or some call it root beer

Comment

Working...
                      X