just wanted to show the JCF bass freaks my new playtoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wanted to show the JCF bass freaks my new playtoy

I just got this 1B this week, and what a beauty she is. I assume it is an 87, cause the serial is 257588. This thing was hardly played, as evidence of the lack of scratches near the pickup ( not for long...lol ), the only defect is a small dent in the head by the logo, NO typical chips off the point.

Last edited by amimbari; 11-20-2008, 02:07 PM. Reason: I found out the 3rd number is the year on the 6 digit serials
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

damn it man! the model series are mine all mine! nice score !
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
      damn it man! the model series are mine all mine! nice score !
      ROB, there were 2 of them on ebay, one kinda shitty for me to consider it. I offered 250, he said "i'd rather keep it than take your lowball offer sorry..."

and this one I got was with a BIN of 350 shipped. noone bid or used the BIN, so he relisted it, noone bid AGAIN, so I offered 300 for the GRAND total shipped after it ended...he took it, and he said " I can't believe noone bid or bought it" all I said was..I'm glad...

and hell ya I'm enjoying showing MY black and maple JACKSON to the FenderFreaks on the "other" forum...all they say is "it is nice", but it has no "block inlays"

I guess you can't "sway" a FenderFreak to like anything else but a Fender...hahaha

Comment

Dude...that's a beautiful bass!!! Sorry I haven't been around here in a while, but looks as though I haven't missed much.

I have no idea why more people aren't ecstatic about these basses...they really are cream of the crop!! Those eBay auctions and the other forum really exemplify why I'm confused. Oh well...more for us, huh?

I got rid of my 3B in exchange for another Roadstar...and I kept seeing it at the store and kicking myself for selling it. So last night, when I went over to get my Sunn 4x12, I put a down payment on it. In two weeks, she's mine again! They took really good care of her, which makes me happy.
        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
          Dude...that's a beautiful bass!!! Sorry I haven't been around here in a while, but looks as though I haven't missed much.

I have no idea why more people aren't ecstatic about these basses...they really are cream of the crop!! Those eBay auctions and the other forum really exemplify why I'm confused. Oh well...more for us, huh?

I got rid of my 3B in exchange for another Roadstar...and I kept seeing it at the store and kicking myself for selling it. So last night, when I went over to get my Sunn 4x12, I put a down payment on it. In two weeks, she's mine again! They took really good care of her, which makes me happy.

in the JCF bass section, there's never enough traffic... and congrats on getting your same one you sold back into your house... what color?

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            in the JCF bass section, there's never enough traffic... and congrats on getting your same one you sold back into your house... what color?
            Exactly. Why not? I enjoy stopping by from time to time to enjoy a treat like your new 1B!

The other bass just like yours is going for $200 now

This is what I have on layaway at my favorite music shop (where I traded it in), the aptly named Trading Musician (www.tradingmusician.com):

It was a gift from my best friend's dad. We were at Guitar Satan and I was playing on it, obviously loving it. As we were leaving (my buddy wanted to look at wah pedals and wound up getting a Bad Horsie II by Morley...and I kinda want one now. That thing is awesome), and his dad just got it for me. I can't believe I had it in me to get rid of it, but I was kinda distraught by the fact that it's kinda dinged up and I didn't have the means to fix it up the way I wanted it. It was a bit of a Simpsons moment-- "I haven't tried anything and I'm already out of ideas!"

But it's going to be back in two weeks. I might wire it in stereo, I might mess around with the current mono setup. I love the P+J combo and the 3-way switch that's on there. That precision pickup is honkin'!! Most of all, I'm curious to see whether or not they fixed the tone circuit, which wasn't working before. One of the pots is really chewed up, I remember. And they replaced the stock bridge, which was really rusted out and missing bolts and height adjustment screws with some cheap chrome thing. If I want to keep it hardtail, I'm going to get a Schaller roller bridge, which I had on my Hamer and I loved (so easy to set up and feels great).

One of the parts that makes you feel like a metal god while playing it is the tuners. Why didn't Jackson use them more? And why don't they incorporate sick, massive, sultry tuners like that into their designs more often? The tuning machines on a bass make about 1/3 of it for me. Like on the old Roadstars, they had those burly Ibanez Smooth II Tuners with the large tuning posts. They just feel so right and they complete that headstock...dig 'em:

If some day, I get it refinished (as cool as Steve Harris blue is, it's not so much my thing. Maybe white? I've always been enamored with white 3Bs) and most of the dings are puddy-able. I might try my luck with putting a Kahler trem on it, but I'm kinda wary of how the strings come off the nut still. Since it's such a sharp angle on the higher strings, it's possible that they could slip out or bind in the nut and if I'm not happy with the way the trem feels, it's a lot of irreversible time and energy wasted. But it'd look cool as hell (just ask Rob! )!!

In any case, I'm never going to let that thing out of my sight again. I want to be buried with it (well, I want someone else to enjoy it, actually...but you know what I mean )...it's that awesome to me.
            Last edited by Chowderboots; 11-24-2008, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Un-fu**ing believable!!!!!

the WHOLE "B" series line from 86-89 was not marketed enough for them to be popular enough...but for those who have one ( or more ) of them...hell ya I'm hooked for life. and I'm like you, I always use the split only on my 3B..AND that is a GREAT IDEA to make it stereo!!!

and speaking of "chowderheads" --or maybe some other choice word..check out what these guys are trying to get for their 3B basses :ROTF::ROTF:

I'll tell you right now that if these crackheads gets 600-800 for their beat to hell 3B's, I'll be EBAYING ALL OF MINE the day AFTER I find out the buyers were legit, and not people who shilled the auctions!!!!!!

Maybe this means my mint 1B is worth 1000? ---whew

Comment

the WHOLE "B" series line from 86-89 was not marketed enough for them to be popular enough...but for those who have one ( or more ) of them...hell ya I'm hooked for life. and I'm like you, I always use the split only on my 3B..AND that is a GREAT IDEA to make it stereo!!!

and speaking of "chowderheads" --or maybe some other choice word..check out what these guys are trying to get for their 3B basses :ROTF::ROTF:

I'll tell you right now that if these crackheads gets 600-800 for their beat to hell 3B's, I'll be EBAYING ALL OF MINE the day AFTER I find out the buyers were legit, and not people who shilled the auctions!!!!!!

Maybe this means my mint 1B is worth 1000? ---whew

Man...you'd have to pay me a lot more than that to have me part with my 3B!

The precision pickup on my Charvel is really raunchy and loud, but the bridge pickup is really quiet, but still good sounding. I wonder if it has something to do with the tone circuit being messed up or if it's just not that powerful. The cool thing is that if I bypass their tone circuit and wire it in stereo, I can just turn up that channel more. Or I could replace it with a DiMarzio.

I wired my Hamer Blitz (with a Kahler trem) in stereo. Sounds better than anything else I've played and it's so simple! Plus, I can hog twice as much gear!

Sorry about the non J/C stuff...BLASPHEMY!

I figure we're all crazy/unusual bass fans here anyway.

But if I could do that with my 3B!!! Or something similar...that'd be so cool!!

I might also move the strap button from on the tip of the horn to somewhere on the back of the bass so it'll balance more like an Explorer. I always have so much trouble holding Strat-shaped basses standing up for some reason, but never Explorers. The Charvel was definitely better, but we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                  Man...you'd have to pay me a lot more than that to have me part with my 3B!

Sorry about the non J/C stuff...BLASPHEMY!
                  as far as you selling off a "personal" bought-sold-bought bass it is more of a sentimental value, rather than dollar figure....

ok,ok,ok maybe if you had one of these Charvels? you would DUMP that HAMER?

84 customshop:

Comment

as far as you selling off a "personal" bought-sold-bought bass it is more of a sentimental value, rather than dollar figure....

ok,ok,ok maybe if you had one of these Charvels? you would DUMP that HAMER?

84 customshop:

"Bought-sold-bought"...good term for it! Yeah...that thing means a lot to me. Not only is it the perfect 80s/prog. metal bass, but every time I listen to something silly like Decapitated, Belphegor, or Cryptopsy, I can't help but want to jam on it. Plus I have a friend named Char who I call Charvel

I would definitely like that Charvel, there in addition to my Hamer! It couldn't replace it. The Hamer's headstock design facilitates tremolo use. I'd be afraid that on a Jackson style headstock (which looks killer and has awesome string tension), the strings would be more prone to bind in the nut. I don't know if peabuddy has had any trouble with that at all, but I wouldn't want to carve a bass up, put in a $200 piece of equipment, only to be disappointed by the results.

I think the arm on that Charvel explorer needs a little slimming and the finish is a little wonky (I'd rather have black or white or something), but I love those pickups and the shape!!

So, in short...no! But I'd definitely buy one if I found one!

And you can be certain that within a week of me buying it, it would, too have two output jacks

Comment

well at least if nothing else for a few days we have breathed a breath of life to the bass section of the JCF forum.....

Comment

Haha...yeah I know. Kinda sad how that works. I'm really ecstatic about that bass...

Comment

hey tino, if your strings are trying to come off the nut, try wrapping the the tuning pegsat the top and wind them down towards the headstock. that's what i do and i don't have any problems with the trems at all.
                          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

I just told Tino that I'm gonna flip the ground lift switch when he is standing in water in a rainy outdoor show if he DOES NOT POST a soundclip,video, or something that SHOWS the bass in action--

you know " hey guys I know I have 3,000 in basses but SORRY... I can't afford a 200.00 camcorder" -

---

Comment

Haha...actually that ain't too funny since, a month ago, someone turned on the company switch when my boss went to open it up, all of the electricity arced through him and he could have died. It was messed up....but I want to show you guys what little in terms of talent I have!!

Amimbari--hold your horses, bro!! I've worked every single day for two weeks straight and right now (yesterday was my first day off in a long time). I feel like my head's full of mud, I'm dizzy, breathless, and I feel like I have no blood sugar--I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see what the hell's up and it might be because of a concussion I got last month at a Watain concert, I don't know. I've been planning a jam with my drummer where we can record ourselves using his camcorder for a while, but I have work every day, not to mention the fact that I'm taking college classes and I'm nearing the end of the quarter, whilst my friend is taking mondo AP classes right now. Not too much time and when we do get it, we're both pretty beat.

I want to make a video or two as bad as you want to see them, I'm sure!! Maybe in a couple weeks, so you can all see my Charvel in her full glory, as well as my Hamer in total stereo mode. Good?

Comment

Working...
                              X