Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALLING ALL BASSPLAYERS to post in the new gallery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
    you can always put a little graphite on the nut.

about the horns, it does seem to me that the bolt ons are bigger than the neck thrus. but i will say that they model series basses match the usa jacksons i have (charvel bolt on= jackson bolt on and charvel neck thru= jackson neck thru)
    yep, I wont be using the trem for practical purposes, except to "play" with, as the novelty of having it is almost done.

and as far as the horns being different, I'm GLAD they are distinguishable.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
      " I'm surprised that neither you nor Rob have had any problems with this on Jackson headstocks. " never had any issues but you can always put a little graphite on the nut. one of my 2b basses with the trem has a brass nut but it is no different than the others in performance. about the horns, it does seem to me that the bolt ons are bigger than the neck thrus. but i will say that they model series basses match the usa jacksons i have (charvel bolt on= jackson bolt on and charvel neck thru= jackson neck thru)
      I love the graphite trick--that's saved me a lot of frustration. I'll take your word for it, Rob--you've definitely had a lot more experience with these things than I have. Because I have a bass that works so well with the tremolo, I'm more willing to take the plunge and invest in a J/C and Kahler setup. I'm not going to lie, I've wanted to have a Jackson bass with a tremolo for a while.

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
      yep, I wont be using the trem for practical purposes, except to "play" with, as the novelty of having it is almost done.

and as far as the horns being different, I'm GLAD they are distinguishable.
      I think that's cool how the Charvel Bs aren't just the same body shape cookie cuttered onto different necks with different pickups. Definitely heightens the "collect all 4" part of it.
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Here's mine...camera phone quality pics.

Comment

Woah, Vain! You are quite the J/C bass fanatic!

Comment

oh ya you know I love the Spector holoflash, so that one is right up there on my wishlist, the others are excellent!!

Comment

vain has the same dilemma as me Tino, he has all those J/C basses, and only one with the sharkies..like me I have 5 with dots, and one with fins--lolol

it is listed in the gallery Vain, the ONLY TBX in there. ( until Andre decides he's gonna post his TBX's ) - he has a green sparkle and a black with a pickguard versions.

andre = SHARK

Comment

vain has the same dilemma as me Tino, he has all those J/C basses, and only one with the sharkies..like me I have 5 with dots, and one with fins--lolol

it is listed in the gallery Vain, the ONLY TBX in there. ( until Andre decides he's gonna post his TBX's ) - he has a green sparkle and a black with a pickguard versions.

andre = SHARK
                Hah yeah...well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't have ANY fancy inlays yet! However, I'm looking forward to it one day...

And Vain--are those Spector Legend 4/5 strings? Nice holoflash! I've got a plain trans black Rex Brown 5 (with the frets beat to shit from the nitwit who had it before me, might I add) and I love it. The neck really saps the energy out of me, though!

Comment

And Vain--are those Spector Legend 4/5 strings? Nice holoflash! I've got a plain trans black Rex Brown 5 (with the frets beat to shit from the nitwit who had it before me, might I add) and I love it. The neck really saps the energy out of me, though![/quote]

The top Holoflash is a NS2000/4 neck thru...that pic doesn't do it justice...Im not sure if it was in the Legend series. The bottom is a NS2002B I believe..its is a low end spector but sounds great.
                  The only 5 strings I have are in the second pic and the top is a C5MJ...the bottom is a C5A.

Ive wanted to get a Rex Brown myself but I need more room and a wife who understands the bass craze addiction thing.

Comment

andre = SHARK

Yeah there's something about the fin...that TBX is definitely something Id like to have someday....I'll keep dreaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                      Get a Charvel off of eBay. Or you could get a Dean or an Ibanez. I like Ibanez as well as Charvels.
                      Meh, I want that fuggin' CS Warrior bass from Namm'09!
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        Meh, I want that fuggin' CS Warrior bass from Namm'09!
                        Woah! Has someone posted pics of it up here on the JCF? I saw that Rhoads bass with the MM pickup, but I didn't notice that...cool!!

I know what you mean, Vain...your dreams might come true some day!

Comment

• Yep, go to the Namm 09 folder, there's at least a couple threads with pix of it.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

• Yeah I looked it up last night...cool!

Comment

• here's the red model1 i just picked up tonight, and it didn't cost 2 grand either like a warrior...

this red one is gonna get the neck swapped with the 2b, that way i'll have 2 black and maples and this one will be my passive CHARVETTE clone, since the model400 Charvette was a 1B with a rosewood board anyway :idea:

Comment

• Oh sweet! That one's also in great condition, isn't it? Once you do that, I can't wait to see the entire (and rather large) family portrait!

Comment

Working...
                                X