Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALLING ALL BASSPLAYERS to post in the new gallery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh! Today at about 5:00, I should have my 3B back...dents, non-functioning preamp and all!

So I might have a photo up tonight...I don't know.
    From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
      Ooh! Today at about 5:00, I should have my 3B back...dents, non-functioning preamp and all!

So I might have a photo up tonight...I don't know.
      oh no, the old owner hacked it? well...if you need me to take some wiring pictures for you, and the amp is not gone or toast, let me know.

haha counting down the hours instead of days....I would be stoned beyond belief by now to pretend time was moving faster ( or passed out )
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
        oh no, the old owner hacked it? well...if you need me to take some wiring pictures for you, and the amp is not gone or toast, let me know.

haha counting down the hours instead of days....I would be stoned beyond belief by now to pretend time was moving faster ( or passed out )
        What I remembered was that the tone controls didn't work, but the volume pot did. I thought maybe he had hacked it, so I opened her up and the circuit board and wiring was still intact--had a working battery and everything. One of the pots was horribly chewed up because the person had tried to wrench one of the knobs on so hard that the split shaft on the pot didn't rotate properly.

So when I get it back, I'm going to look at it with a more experienced eye and see what's up. Might want to have some wiring diagrams handy, so thanks for the offer, man! Stand by on those...

Cosmetically, there's a dent (looks like someone dropped a case on it while the bridge pickup wasn't in its rout) right by the jazz pickup where the wood is exposed and dented in and a scratch/dent by the forearm contour, but I don't think it's reached the wood there.

It needs work. That's why I loved it so much--a lot is possible with it and it plays so wonderfully!

I wish I were stoned. That'd help out a lot. But I'm studying for finals right now, which sucks...

Comment

look in the resources section. pretty sure there's wiring diagrams in there. good luck. i have some extra pots anf j2000 boards around if you need something
          The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
            look in the resources section. pretty sure there's wiring diagrams in there. good luck. i have some extra pots anf j2000 boards around if you need something
            Hey P, in all that lovely collection you have over there you don't have a 88 4B do you? ( only year they made em )

here's a new picture of the Charvel family so far that are now all posted in the gallery, minus a BLUE 2B to complete the series. If your wondering what's up with the first fret, the retard who had it before me coated the fretboard, then I guess, wanted to change his mind and started sanding---ugh

Last edited by amimbari; 12-08-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

i don't have a 4b YET! if i'm not mistaken, the 4b is just a bolt on 3b.electronics are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
                i don't have a 4b YET! if i'm not mistaken, the 4b is just a bolt on 3b.electronics are the same.
                yes sir you are 100% correct not that you "need" another bass....lol, but 1988 looks like the only year they were made....
                I'm hoping to wait until I find a blue 1987-88 2B

there's a blue one on eBay, but the seller has zero feedback just joined Ebay a couple weeks ago, and I already messaged him 2 times about bolt-on/neckthru 3B/4B, serial, more pictures, and no reply yet all weekend, cause if it is a 4B, I could take the preamp out, and call it a 2B if I really had to.. I'm not gonna bid if the retard wont reply. ( IF he don't answer, I should screw him up totally, win it and wait a week or 2 before I put any feedback ) - sellers with zero points don't get paid from ebay/Paypal, until the transaction is a "positive" one!!!

I'm just trying NOT to own another 3B

there's a nice clean 1986 RED 1B on the Bay now, but it looks too weird with one bridge humbucker until they changed it to a P in 1987... does anyone looking at this thread have a 86 with the humbucker in it for tone questions from me?

Comment

Thanks for the tips, but right now, I don't think that the pickups in there are right for me. I'll see about the preamp (because I'd rather do without tone controls on the bass itself), but I'm beginning to believe that a pair of DiMarzio P+Js would add the sparkle I'm looking for.

I enjoy the Jackson pickups' sound, but I don't think they're right for me, you know?

I can't wait until the quarter's over...just two more days!! Then I can get to working on stuff like this.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, but right now, I don't think that the pickups in there are right for me. I'll see about the preamp (because I'd rather do without tone controls on the bass itself), but I'm beginning to believe that a pair of DiMarzio P+Js would add the sparkle I'm looking for.

I enjoy the Jackson pickups' sound, but I don't think they're right for me, you know?

I can't wait until the quarter's over...just two more days!! Then I can get to working on stuff like this.
                    oh here we go....next you'll wanna put a kahler trem on it. lets see approx 480+100+200=
                    over 800 already...I'snt sentimental value great, when actual cost-vs-resale value isn't.

Comment

After playing with it for a while, I don't think I'm happy with the pickups. I want to try and fix the preamp (at least try and see what's up with it) and if that's not possible, I think I'm going to (carefully) take it all out, so that if I have some inspiration later on, I can try to get it working again. Wish whoever had it before me had taken better care of it.

This would be such a cool bass to have a DiMarzio X2N-7 in (because it already has that 3-way switch), that is, if the jazz pickup's route isn't too big. I'm going to see about that. If an X2N doesn't work in the Charvel, I'm definitely going to put one in my Destroyer. An internet acquaintance of mine put an X2N-7 into an SX P bass of his. He made some sound clips...it sounds so incredible. I can't wait to install one and see what happens.

Comment

Oh crap...thought that first one didn't get posted....oh well...there you go times two...plus an X2N rant

That's what it's all about! No one else is going to want that POS except me! (and possibly Peabuddy) So why not make myself completely happy with it?

And on the subject of this thread--I submitted that photo of my 3B to the gallery. My contribution.
                        Last edited by Chowderboots; 12-08-2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Oh crap...thought that first one didn't get posted....oh well...there you go times two...plus an X2N rant

That's what it's all about! No one else is going to want that POS except me! (and possibly Peabuddy) So why not make myself completely happy with it?

And on the subject of this thread--I submitted that photo of my 3B to the gallery. My contribution.
                          yours is not a POS compared to that retard who painted his granite texture and ripped the OEM pups out....THAT is a POS. and since he already relisted it cause noone bid, when it gets no bids, i'll offer 150 shipped, and see what happens when his auction expires again...

peabuddy wants that ugly 91 eliminator!!.

Comment

You're right. It is a beauty...a well-loved beauty...

That thing is so gross (the granite/sanded 3B)...wonder why the Eliminator was relisted?

Comment

You're right. It is a beauty...a well-loved beauty...

That thing is so gross (the granite/sanded 3B)...wonder why the Eliminator was relisted?
                              oh .... I meant that 3B granite POS was relisted.

Comment

would have taken the eliminator at a cheap price but it past my bid. i'm looking for a 5 string. newc has one but a don't have the funds yet( after first of the year matt! ). tino, i have a few with emgs and you may like those better. very warm tone. j2000 are bright. missed the humbucker 1b. that would be moded or maybe a san dimas charvel! got any pics amimbari? i know you probably save some! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X