Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALLING ALL BASSPLAYERS to post in the new gallery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
    would have taken the eliminator at a cheap price but it past my bid. i'm looking for a 5 string. newc has one but a don't have the funds yet( after first of the year matt! ). tino, i have a few with emgs and you may like those better. very warm tone. j2000 are bright. missed the humbucker 1b. that would be moded or maybe a san dimas charvel! got any pics amimbari? i know you probably save some! lol
    ya rob, look here at the red humbucker 1B:

and here's the strathead 2B:
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
      oh .... I meant that 3B granite POS was relisted.
      Yeah...that, too! I saw the Eliminator back up, as well as the granite 3B...

would have taken the eliminator at a cheap price but it past my bid. i'm looking for a 5 string. newc has one but a don't have the funds yet( after first of the year matt! ). tino, i have a few with emgs and you may like those better. very warm tone. j2000 are bright. missed the humbucker 1b. that would be moded or maybe a san dimas charvel! got any pics amimbari? i know you probably save some! lol
      I kinda wish that I had gotten a Concert V when I had the chance. Didn't quite know what it was then, though. Still, I'm very happy with the Spector 5 string that I got instead of it.

Thanks for the offer, man, but, from what I can tell, the pickups (without the preamp) sound a lot like EMGs and that's the sound that I'm trying to steer away from. DiMarzios are the antidote, I think. Bright and zingy!
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

I WANT THE 1B WITH THE HB. BUT NOT $335 BAD! LOL never seen one like that. that would a new one to the family! lol
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

I WANT THE 1B WITH THE HB. BUT NOT $335 BAD! LOL never seen one like that. that would a new one to the family! lol
          my feelings exactly, but if a blue 2B comes up for sale, and it is that much...I'll pay it

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
            my feelings exactly, but if a blue 2B comes up for sale, and it is that much...I'll pay it
            That 1B looks sick. I probably have that much money, but I have other, more important, stuff to get.

Comment

You guys seem a little neglected, so I thought I'd better stop lurking.

Comment

welcome to the club

well you know the old saying:

"bassplayers get no respect, they just get laid.

welcome to the "Far and Few J/C Bassplayers" club, although you can have quite a jam with a RR playing guitarist and drummer, it turns into a symphony with a 5 string Concert Bass and drummer.

I keep trying to tell that to the guitar players

what year is that 2B?

Comment

I haven't got a clue which year it is. It's marked as a 2nd (I think possibly because of very tiny white flecks in the paint -- there are no play-evident flaws), and its serial #2446**. Bought it (very slightly used) November 10th '89, and it'd been in the guitar shop for some months before hand. If it'll help, the Made in Japan is simply a sticker over the standard Charvel Fort Worth neckplate. I'd take the neck off and look, but I'd never get it back on properly.

Comment

no need to do that...like the rest of them, serials mean nothing unfortunately unless its a neckthru for year I assume since noone can find a definitive chart anywhere in the world, but usually 85-87's are the most common ones around anymore. they are all made the same really so year specific in that range dont mean too much.

Comment

Yeah, I figured the serial was the usual gobbledegook. Do late ones (say, 88-89) have Made in Japan engraved/stamped on the neckplate? That's the only reason I thought the sticker might have some meaning. In any event, I never really cared all that much about dating it -- it's always been a player rather than a collectible

Comment

That's a really cool looking 2B! They do play great, don't they?

Welcome to hell!! hahahaha Always nice to have another person in the pack!

Comment

Proud to be here -- remember the Groucho line "I'd never want to be a member of a club that would accept me". And yes, the 2B is a fabulous playing bass -- I can't tell you how many Fenders I've picked up in the last 19 years and never found one I'd rather play than the Charvel. It even got me fired from a band 10 years ago. Two guitarists, both vintage snobs ('62 Strat, mid-60s ES175, VOX AC30, Fender Super) -- they were blues/r&b, I was Entwistle and Jack Bruce through a 100 watt 1x15 tuck and roll Naugahyde Kustom -- okay, maybe it was me and not the Charvel. But it didn't help.

Comment

Hahaha! Awesome...way to make 'em cry!

I played a couple 2Bs at Guitar Satan. One was there when I got my 3B--infinitely happier that I chose the way I did when I did because that 2B was gone pretty quick after that.

Comment

Originally posted by beverlyvista View Post
                              Yeah, I figured the serial was the usual gobbledegook. Do late ones (say, 88-89) have Made in Japan engraved/stamped on the neckplate? That's the only reason I thought the sticker might have some meaning. In any event, I never really cared all that much about dating it -- it's always been a player rather than a collectible
                              I'll look at my 88 4B later tonight after work, and find out if it does or not...like you I never really noticed that or cared..

Comment

I was interested in dating my 3B to find out what it is like compared to other J/C models, but it's such a great bass just for playing that I don't really care too much when it was made.

Comment

Working...
                                X