Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALLING ALL BASSPLAYERS to post in the new gallery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at my plates and none of them say anything more than FT Worth...USA stuff on them. The folks say the fretboard stamped ones are accurate to year Cx Jx..etc. probably ALL the B series were MIJ, as well as all the guitars of the day. It is the 90's stuff when they got bought-out, and started doing the MIK thing, especially for the 2x2 ugly head basses

concert vs c-20 style...
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Great Bass. Unfortunately I have to move some stuff. So it's for sale in Europe ...

Comment

Originally posted by shark View Post

Great Bass. Unfortunately I have to move some stuff. So it's for sale in Europe ...
        the winger up for sale also?

( ya right )

every time I look at them, I wish every one of my Charvels came with triangle necks

Comment

I don't use a bass guitar. I cheat by using FX settings on my Boss GT-10. I do notice warbling when I play D thru to E. I'm looking to buy a bass next year, but have no idea what I want.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            I don't use a bass guitar. I cheat by using FX settings on my Boss GT-10. I do notice warbling when I play D thru to E. I'm looking to buy a bass next year, but have no idea what I want.
            Get a Charvel off of eBay. Or you could get a Dean or an Ibanez. I like Ibanez as well as Charvels.
            From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
              Get a Charvel off of eBay. Or you could get a Dean or an Ibanez. I like Ibanez as well as Charvels.
              screw all that, just get a Fender and rebel against the JCF.

Comment

Better yet, a MusicMan Bongo

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                  Better yet, a MusicMan Bongo
                  now now....those are really nice basses. I would love to find a Lakland, Sadowsky or EBMM4 for for cheap somewhere.

( for those who do not reside on the other board )
                  I'll tell you how popular J/C basses are. Some dude on TB just TRADED his beloved Peavy t-40 for a 575 Deluxe with Q.Pounders in it, and had it for one day, and wished he would have done it a lot sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                    now now....those are really nice basses. I would love to find a Lakland, Sadowsky or EBMM4 for for cheap somewhere.

( for those who do not reside on the other board )
                    I'll tell you how popular J/C basses are. Some dude on TB just TRADED his beloved Peavy t-40 for a 575 Deluxe with Q.Pounders in it, and had it for one day, and wished he would have done it a lot sooner.
                    I have played several Bongos...4 and 5 strings. They are very nice basses. I just think they look hideous. Not that I could come up with anything better.

Wow...a T-40? T-40s are very cool basses, I think. Glad he's happy! I sure as hell couldn't be more satisfied with my 3B.

Comment

The Bongo is too ugly for words. If I wanted a truly weird looking bass, I'd vote for an Edwards Dragon Ash Ikuzone Failing that, I want a TBX to match the FB-2 I just bought. (Note to Amimbari: of course we look at TB -- I'm amazed you got so little response to your posts earlier this year about the TBX. So I ask you; how rare are they -- how hard will it be for me to find one)?

Comment

here's what the FEDEX man brought to me today, I wiped all the old DNA off of it, and strung it up. I'll post it in the gallery soon...

Comment

Originally posted by beverlyvista View Post
                          The Bongo is too ugly for words. If I wanted a truly weird looking bass, I'd vote for an Edwards Dragon Ash Ikuzone Failing that, I want a TBX to match the FB-2 I just bought. (Note to Amimbari: of course we look at TB -- I'm amazed you got so little response to your posts earlier this year about the TBX. So I ask you; how rare are they -- how hard will it be for me to find one)?
                          how about this: you sell me your FB2, and I'll have the matching set!!!!

not too many bassplayers in the JCF...and TB is a bunch of FenderFools, who could care less how rare or not, if it don't say Fender on the headstock OR have a fender shaped head. J/C guitars and basses WILL be that way in another 10-20 years, J/C just has not been around long enough for the older models from the 80's-90's to be OLD enough.

I just finished buying basses for the year, and completed my Charvel "B" series, so I have all of them now 1,2,3,4. I wanted a 2B in blue---but settled for a black one since the price was right, and it came with a KahlerTerm already installed, or I would have traded peabuddy bodies.

the FB, TBX, AND KBX were doomed to fail before they got them started, there's 4 TBX's left in the world that myself and others have researched for years...the chance of finding one is VERY slim to none BHVista...the info says they made 27 in 94 for dealers to purchase....I doubt anyone did considering it was the most expensive thing jackson had in the catalog back then even topping the RR "ultimate" by 100.00

( I bought mine from the catalog )

maybe I'll put it on ebay and ask 6,000 -- just to get harassed in one of those cracksmoker threads on TB --they are always googoogaaa ing over a lousy beat up Fender Jazz that has seen more years on the road than a schoolbus.

the economy sucks, hundreds of thousands losing their jobs, and guitars/basses are relativly cheaper now...it won't last too long, so while the getting is good I bought a bunch of stuff this year...

here's the other TBX's out there in the world: the pic of the 3 are SHARK's. Early this year someone got desperate and sold the green one on ebay. I was outbid by SHARK, so it's his for life now....he got it for a little under 2 grand, and the black one he has with the sparkly pickguard, someone added before he got it, as a guard was NOT an option in the catalog.

Comment

Okay, I'm not selling the Jackson Firebird, because I got really happy playing it tonight (I'm not supposed to be playing it -- it's either a Christmas or an anniversary present and so I don't officially own it yet.) So there goes your matched set... I think what I may have to do (since I don't much like real Thunderbirds) is put together some kind of Warmoth Tbird body and Fender-style neck and some pickups to get a semblance of Entwistle's Fenderbird -- which is where I was going all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by beverlyvista View Post
                              Okay, I'm not selling the Jackson Firebird, because I got really happy playing it tonight (I'm not supposed to be playing it -- it's either a Christmas or an anniversary present and so I don't officially own it yet.) So there goes your matched set... I think what I may have to do (since I don't much like real Thunderbirds) is put together some kind of Warmoth Tbird body and Fender-style neck and some pickups to get a semblance of Entwistle's Fenderbird -- which is where I was going all the time.
                              SHAME ON YOU OPENING YOUR PRESENT'S EARLY --

and ya, I don't need to post pics in here since you have seen hundreds, but there are some REAL NICE homebrew FenderBirds, that I would own in an instant. the consensus of the gang say it is way easier to go get a Epi body, and shave down the neck slightly to make it fit the warmoth body, the fretboard hangs further into the body, and toneally,. makes a difference than a warmoth body+neck...however, many have done it that way as well.

although I someday "may" have a FB2, I mainly play the bass, and it would be a wall hanger. As far as my TBX goes, I haven't taken it out of the jamroom for years. It's gigging days are long over, and I only keep it around for the "novelty" of owning a piece of Jackson-Japan history in it's finest guitar making days, just like the 10 other companies that came out of that era when all of a sudden the Jap factories actually had their shit together.

my #1 Tbird is a Dillion, it's clean sound is much better than the Jackson, and I use it for recording, unless the piece calls for that "EMG" sound. I did get a EpiphoneBird earlier this year, and someday that will be my conversion project.

Comment

"I just finished buying basses for the year, and completed my Charvel "B" series, so I have all of them now 1,2,3,4. I wanted a 2B in blue---but settled for a black one since the price was right, and it came with a KahlerTerm already installed, or I would have traded peabuddy bodies" SO THIS IS HOW I FIND OUT YOU ARE KEEPING THE TREM! ? LOL hope you enjoy it
                                The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
                                X