Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALLING ALL BASSPLAYERS to post in the new gallery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well for 155+ship I couldn't say no I guess, and I will have to take the neck off anyway because it has fret sprout ( the frets need filed down on the edges cause I can feel them ) either from poor Q.C, or age the wood shrank a little bit. It don't bother me, but it is there so I might as well have it done..

JUST so you know, that 2b with the kahler belonged to someone on TB years ago..I posted a picture, and he recognized it instantly...

message #3
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

• That's crazy, dude! At least you saved it from being parted out on eBay.
      From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

• This is intriguing.......http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/1013490435.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vain1 View Post
          ya it's on ebay for a grand, I think it is a fake like this one, and asked the seller a ton of questions telling him to prove it's real with a serial, and 10 more pics ( headstock, serial on the fretboard..etc... )

it may be like this fabulous fake FB:

Comment

• Woah! That's not far from where I am. If you wanted me to, I could give it the once over myself for you.

"i bought it from a pawn shop in LA which told me that it once upon a time used to belong to Nikki Sixx of motley crue fame."

You know
            how knowledgeable pawn shop owners are about Jackson basses. No one ever claims that a Thunderbird was owned by N.S. at one point or another!
            Last edited by Chowderboots; 01-31-2009, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by amimbari View Post
              ya it's on ebay for a grand, I think it is a fake like this one, and asked the seller a ton of questions telling him to prove it's real with a serial, and 10 more pics ( headstock, serial on the fretboard..etc... )

it may be like this fabulous fake FB:

Wow...how do you fake a N/T? I was really thinking about going for that one and I asked him a bunch of questions also...haven't gotten a reply yet.

Any input from you guys would be awesome because I would have to sell
              a couple of prized pieces to get it...I would die if it were fake

Comment

• Originally posted by maynard View Post
                Wow...how do you fake a N/T? I was really thinking about going for that one and I asked him a bunch of questions also...haven't gotten a reply yet.

Any input from you guys would be awesome because I would have to sell
                a couple of prized pieces to get it...I would die if it were fake
                Im no expert but I'd be leary since he hasn't responded to your emails...If I was selling it, i'd be responding quickly. Maybe its legit, who knows?

Comment

• what the hell is a N/T maynard? I must be dumb this afternoon...

If you are talking about the EBAY 87 customShop TBIRD it is REAL as real can get. I got enough info from the seller to convince me, and that is very hard to do considering it only has one picture, and even his craislist ad is lame as hell...I even asked him how could it be a TBird when you cant even see it has a bolt-on or neckthru...sheesh.

this EBAY newbie just don't know how to present something that is not 199.95 on ebay if he even thought of attracting attention to his ad, like adding BASS in the title so people can find it..etc... :ROTF:

kee-rist a zero feedback seller with a high end item :think:

one lousy picture is worth 1000 words in this case, cause I had to use 2 ebay messages to get all my questions in there, and he finally emailed me back after he got all shitty about it.

I already have a TBX, so I don't want it... the serial is j3356. the seller was a dick about giving me the info AFTER I challenged him to prove it with one picture, zero feedback and a shitty attitude.

is it worth a grand AFTER someone added the TREM?--that's not up to me to decide....

never the less, I would love to add a Kahler Trem to my TBX, but that would MURDER the value as it is too rare to mess with.

Comment

• I ASSUME FROM ONE CRAPPY PICTURE AND NOTHING IN THE DESCRIPTION I'M SUPPOSED TO FIGURE ALL THIS OUT ON MY OWN?????

here's his reply to my questions:

#1 my thunderbird is a neck through,
                    if you knew as much as
                    you seem to allude you do, you would clearly notice that the
                    wings are glued onto the sides about a half inch away from the
                    neckon either side.

#2 just because the instrument is custom shop does not
                    mean that the fins HAVE to be reversed, jackson being in history
                    as
                    THE FIRST TRUE CUSTOM SHOP offers whatever you want, i am
                    personally about to purchase a warrior body style jackson from
                    the custom shop in the next few weeks here. WHICH DOES NOT
                    HAVE REVERSED SHARK FINS AT ALL.

#3 of course they didnt
                    come with a kahler because if you look
                    at it clearly its not a factory installed bridge. you can tell that by
                    looking at the curved sides of the cam support and the lack of a
                    logo on the side of the bridge as opposed to having one on the
                    rear metal support and the side. this indicates that it is a
                    modern kahler bass bridge from when the company recently
                    reopened and started remanufacturing bridges and parts again.
                    also if i look correctly your bass has a kahler bridge on it?

#4 by telling me about your bass you single handedly as many
                    people do PROVED YOURSELF 100% WRONG!!!! your bass is a
                    TBX-pro which IS NOT A CUSTOM SHOP BASS!!!!!! you can tell
                    that by the word PROFESSIONAL ON THE HEADSTOCK WHICH
                    INDICATES THAT IT IS A JAPANESE MADE INSTRUMENT. also
                    please dont use threats to get information from me. i think
                    thats against ebay policy.

oh and the serial is j3356 please look that up on the jackson database
                    on the website under "other custom neck through"

in short, please mind your own buisiness.

WHAT A DOUCHE :ROTF:

you decide if you want to leap on it, or not from that attitude...

Comment

• Sorry Amimbari...I was thinking it would be hard to fake a neck thru, (N/T). Thanks for posting the guy's reply. Kinda reminds me of a guy on the West Coast I bought an Ironbird from. Crappy pics and discription, and poor communication. He shipped it to me UPS in it's case with only a couple of wraps of packing tape to keep it from popping open. Needless to say...CRUNCH!!!

This has been a "dream" bass for me for a long time...my first impulse was to just grab it, but with the one photo and limited discription, I think I'm going to watch it on ebay :think: see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by maynard View Post
                        Sorry Amimbari...I was thinking it would be hard to fake a neck thru, (N/T). Thanks for posting the guy's reply. Kinda reminds me of a guy on the West Coast I bought an Ironbird from. Crappy pics and discription, and poor communication. He shipped it to me UPS in it's case with only a couple of wraps of packing tape to keep it from popping open. Needless to say...CRUNCH!!!

This has been a "dream" bass for me for a long time...my first impulse was to just grab it, but with the one photo and limited discription, I think I'm going to watch it on ebay :think: see what happens.
                        well "custom" is about as close to one of THESE as your gonna get for a black Tbird N/T Jackson...lol "dreamBass" <<< it was for me all those years ago.

p.s. the EMG's are 35P+J not 35DC's so tonewise --- close enough to a split-p to always make me smile.

Comment

• Holy schnikies...what a douchebag!! :think:

Yeah--you can totally see where the 1/16" tall word "Kahler" is stamped on the base plate from his photo and exactly what type of cam it has on it.

I like his random assumptions and schizoid reactions. Kinda crazy.

Sorry to hear about your Ironbird, Maynard. That would be devastating to me to lose a purchase like that.

Comment

• Thanks Chowderboots...lucky for me the case took most of the abuse, (one of the wings on the bass needed some touch up), all in all it could have been a lot worse!

Comment

• well T my point was ya don't have to know that fool, just buy something off of him without the attitude...

basically point A to point B with no damage and no scratches, then 1000.00 it is now that we have determined it is real as real can be.

( for maynard or whoever ), cause I can't afford it.

and here is what I sent him to get that reply.

"a 1000.00 and only one pic?, for me to spend a grand on ANY axe,Jackson CustomShop or not, I need to see a lot more than one picture please... headstock, serial, closeup of the pickups, backside not one lousy picture as there are a whole lot of Jackson people out there like me who think someone added a jackson neck and it is just a fake with a usa neck on it.. they never came with a kahler. if you don't put the pics on ebay, you can email them to me at [email protected]."

"all I'm asking is PROVE it is REAL. you have zero feedback, so what do you expect.

without a serial to ask my boys at the infocenter, it's just a fabulous fake that I will report as a scam if you don't reply."

ok so maybe I was a LITTLE HARSH? --- but let the newbie EBAYER get the full metal jacket, so MAYBE, just MAYBE he would put a revision in his ad for other people???

Comment

• By the way, as long as I'm here, I see the picture of my Concert finally appeared in the gallery...it's mid to late eighties, neck thru, and was the first bass in my '80's collection. I love her!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X