Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CALLING ALL BASSPLAYERS to post in the new gallery!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thats so nice and j1301 says its a 85 sandimas.

I dunno ---sometimes I see nice ones, and then REAL nice ones. Lately all the old C/J's are surfacing 20 years later...
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

• Thanks Amimbari! It is one of the finest basses I've ever owned!! It also got me hooked on collecting '80's USA Jacksons and Richs.

I do have to liquidate a couple of basses if I'm going to get that T-bird, but it sure won't be her! I think my granddaughter will end up with that one!!!

Comment

• Oh, man I'd love to see a picture of your Ironbird. Wanted one of those ever since I first started listening to Immortal

And that is one cool Concert bass! Don't see that every day (well, you do, OF COURSE )

True, Mike. I just find it peculiar when people take such an offensive stance so quickly. It's like they're begging for some kind of trouble. And you see it every day. That kinda baffles me, man, that mentality.
        From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

Comment

• Thanks Chowderboots...here is a picture of the Ironbird...I need to replace the P pickup...previous owner put a Bassline in.

Crap!! Can someone tell me how to post a pic in here? I have pics in Photobucket if that helps...I'll have to check replies tomorrow...thanks guys!!

Comment

• Pics

I second Maynard's motion -- how do us new guys post pics? The control panel suggestion in FAQs says to create an album -- but there's apparently no album creation function on my control panel, at least. Any help appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by beverlyvista View Post
              I second Maynard's motion -- how do us new guys post pics? The control panel suggestion in FAQs says to create an album -- but there's apparently no album creation function on my control panel, at least. Any help appreciated.
              Ha! I just went through this pic posting process. Here's what I did....go register with photobucket and upload your pics to your album on photobuckets site....once you have your pics there choose a pic and down toward the bottom there will be options like html,img..etc.....you need to copy the "img" line and paste it in the post you are creating here on jcfonline.
              I tried the insert image option on the site here but it never worked for me.
              I also signed up with snapfish but something wasn't working for me there so to make things easier for yourself go to photobucket....I hope that helps.

Comment

• ya what THEY said......

photobucket makes it easy because the already SHOW you what links to use for picture embedding. the other servers you have to ADD the [IMG] to the front of the link, and [/IMG] to the end...either way it works..

Comment

• Here goes...I pulled this from photobucket and copied the IMG image...hope it works!!

Comment

• ya that worked....MAN are you into graphic scenes on the faces of your axes...beautiful and unique just like the city-concert.

I would love to jam on that concert inverted, and have some pics taken, but in order for me to play it with the scene rightside up...I guess I would have to "fake/pose"...lol ( you do know I play inverted righty basses I assume ), so there is a joke in there somewhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                      ya that worked....MAN are you into graphic scenes on the faces of your axes...beautiful and unique just like the city-concert.

I would love to jam on that concert inverted, and have some pics taken, but in order for me to play it with the scene rightside up...I guess I would have to "fake/pose"...lol ( you do know I play inverted righty basses I assume ), so there is a joke in there somewhere...
                      No, I didn't realize you played upsidedown! Maybe I should be a Lefty too...my parents always were taking my fork, crayons, or beer bottles out of my left hand and putting them in my right so I grew up confused,(my story and I'm sticking to it)!!

Yeah, I love any type of graphic bass. I still am working on that T-bird, but a close second would probably be a San Dimas Bengal

Comment

• Cool bird, dude! Very cool.

Comment

• Thanks! The snakeskin Rich in the pic has a interesting story as well...I sold her back in '05 on ebay 'cuz money was tight Last spring a friend of mine tells to check ebay 'cuz there is a sweet looking ST snakeskin. After alot of help from friends just like you guys I got it home. Pulled it out of the gig bag and about passed out...It was MY OLD BASS!!! Still had the same strings! Guy told me he bought it on ebay about three years back!!! He messed her up, (in my opinion), with the Basslines, and sold, (or kept), my case, but I got her back!!!

P.S. I hope it's not too big a deal I posted non-J/C pics on this thread...probably should have started a new thread? Sorry...

Comment

• I don't have a problem with the fact that you're deviating from the J/C theme a tad. Hell, we all do it to some extent. And I really enjoy seeing your axes!

Wow! I have a similar story with my Charvel 3B, although it isn't quite as incredible a coincidence as you with your Rich. I sold it to a music store in the area and bought it back a couple months later. Kinda silly of me, but what the hell. At least I realized how much I love it during that time.

Some day, I want a BC Rich. Really bad. I finally got the chance to play a nice vintage Mockingbird (with the forest of coil tap, kill, and varitone switches and with the classic dual P pickups) and it blew me away. I think it feels even cooler than an Explorer, to tell you the truth, although I like how the "wing" on an Explorer is longer than on T-Birds/Mockingbirds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                              I don't have a problem with the fact that you're deviating from the J/C theme a tad. Hell, we all do it to some extent. And I really enjoy seeing your axes!

Wow! I have a similar story with my Charvel 3B, although it isn't quite as incredible a coincidence as you with your Rich. I sold it to a music store in the area and bought it back a couple months later. Kinda silly of me, but what the hell. At least I realized how much I love it during that time.

Some day, I want a BC Rich. Really bad. I finally got the chance to play a nice vintage Mockingbird (with the forest of coil tap, kill, and varitone switches and with the classic dual P pickups) and it blew me away. I think it feels even cooler than an Explorer, to tell you the truth, although I like how the "wing" on an Explorer is longer than on T-Birds/Mockingbirds.
                              I have a couple '80's USA Rich's and they have a great feel...all are bolt ons and heavy as hell but they play great! That's why I'm collecting this era Jacksons and Rich's...I think they represent fantastic value and take me back to some of the best times I had in my life!!

Comment

• I want to get some to have the best times of my life. BC Riches are great at that

Comment

Working...
                                X