My 3B...back in my arms!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 3B...back in my arms!!

From here on the nightmare only gets worse...

WELL TINO, I know you're happy now! congrats.
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

I sure am!! The neck feels sooo good! Lots of dings the body, though. Maybe some day, I'll get it refinished and some of the dings filled in.
      Last edited by Chowderboots; 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Don't do that! That all the years of road love ! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy View Post
          road-love? ...

speaking of road-love you should scrub the hell out of the thing, to get the grime/sweat/DNA and ( who knows what else ) off that thing from the guy who had it before you. cause you never know, that persons fingers could have been playing in some ass/pussy, before you got it. ( not the cleanest of environments ).
          Last edited by amimbari; 12-08-2008, 01:43 PM.
          http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

WELL TINO, I know you're happy now! congrats.
            that's the exact color blue I want on my 2B if I ever get it...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post

WHOA wait a minute ----- who changed the bridge????, cause all my charvels have a different bridge on them that that one....

Comment

there's a bridge on the 'bay now that belong's on that bass

Comment

Yeah...the road love is awesome. I actually do like the color a lot (surprisingly, since I really don't like blue that much, most of the time), but it just works on that bass, I think.

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                  that's the exact color blue I want on my 2B if I ever get it...!!!
                  I hope you find it, too! It's a really cool color--it always seems to fit, but if I want to get it to look all pretty again and get it refinished, I'd probably choose another color. I think it would look cool being black, but I already have 5 black basses. Plus, I think white looks really cool on basses like that (this (Carvin) bass being the inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7yfHiPk3gw).

'Til then I love that blue. In warmer light, it looks pretty black, which is very metal haha

And yeah...might be a very good idea to give it a good scrub-down. It's been mistreated a lot over the years and it's been in two guitar shops for several months...

Comment

WHOA wait a minute ----- who changed the bridge????, cause all my charvels have a different bridge on them that that one....
                    Mike--the last shop it was in, they changed it out. Why? On the old one, the saddles were rusted, the springs were rusted, the saddles were missing screws/bolts, and when you changed strings, they'd drag across the finish on the back of the bass. So, before they put it out on the floor, they changed the bridge out, as well as giving the electronics a clean-up, although the pre-amp still doesn't make any discernible difference to the tone.

I wasn't too fond of the stock bridge. Not only was it kinda decrepit, but when you'd take the strings out, they'd scratch up the finish behind the bridge. The way the person who had it before me left it, the saddles that didn't have screws--the only way they could hold the strings off the frets was by them resting on top of one another. To say the least, it was retarded

Here's a pic with the stock bridge:

Last edited by Chowderboots; 12-08-2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chowderboots View Post
                      Mike--the last shop it was in, they changed it out. Why? On the old one, the saddles were rusted, the springs were rusted, the saddles were missing screws/bolts, and when you changed strings, they'd drag across the finish on the back of the bass. So, before they put it out on the floor, they changed the bridge out, as well as giving the electronics a clean-up, although the pre-amp still doesn't make any discernible difference to the tone.

I wasn't too fond of the stock bridge. Not only was it kinda decrepit, but when you'd take the strings out, they'd scratch up the finish behind the bridge. The way the person who had it before me left it, the saddles that didn't have screws--the only way they could hold the strings off the frets was by them resting on top of one another. To say the least, it was retarded

Here's a pic with the stock bridge:
                      well that explains it then.... and ya the holes on the backside do tend to make you "take more time/extra care", while changing strings.

Comment

well that explains it then.... and ya the holes on the backside do tend to make you "take more time/extra care", while changing strings.
                        If the stock bridge wasn't so hopeless, it wouldn't have been a problem to lift the saddles up and tilt them sideways, so you can kinda feed the string through that little trough there, you know? But since the saddles were literally resting on top of one another, it was incredibly frustrating...

Comment

do you all realize if it were not for us "FEW" people posting, this section of the JCF would be nothing but 3 year old dead threads !!!!!

Comment

Yeah...I realize this....

It's pretty entertaining, though. Between the three of us, there are a lot of aspirations, projects, and observations. Plenty of kickass 'bay sleuthing, too!

Comment

I only WISH there were more contributions to the bassplayers section.

but this is a guitarplayers board, always was and always will be....

Comment

Working...
                              X